𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙒𝙊𝙉𝘿𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙁 𝙔𝙊𝙐

✔︎ - 𝘼𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙡 9, 1968𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙪𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙡

✔︎ - 𝘼𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙡 9, 1968
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙪𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙡

Coretta arrived to the funeral. She held bernice's and dexter's hands. Karla stopped walking. Yolanda stopped and looked at karla. "Come on", said yolanda and sticked her hand out towards her. Karla shook her head.

Coretta stepped walking and turned around.

"Take your brothers and sister inside, we'll be there in a moment", said coretta.

Yolanda took bernice's and dexter's hands.

"Come on martin", said yolanda and walked.

Martin lll ran towards yolanda.

Coretta knelt to karla's height.

"Baby look at me", spoke coretta softly.

Karla looked at coretta. "Why did daddy die?", asked karla. Coretta sighed.

"There's many bad people out there....one of them took daddy, he'll always be by our side", replied coretta.

Karla looked down.

"Let's go inside", said coretta.

Karla took her mother's hand. Coretta walked towards the entrance. The place was filled. Coretta found where yolanda, bernice, dexter, and martin lll were sitting. Karla sat on her mother's lap.

Coretta turned her head.

"Look who's here", said coretta.

Karla looked up. Harry belafonte and rosa parks were making their way towards coretta. (*𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒍𝒂𝒑𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒂 𝒄𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒂 𝒕𝒗 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘, 𝒔𝒍𝒂𝒚.)

"Hi rosa", said coretta.

"Hello, it's nice to see you", said rosa.

"Hi rosa", said karla.

"I can see your pain", said rosa.

Harry sat next to coretta. Rosa sat on the other side of coretta. "It's an open casket?", asked rosa. Coretta nodded. "Do you kids want to give a speech up on the stage?", asked coretta.

Bernice, yolanda, dexter, and martin lll shook their heads.

"I want to mama", replied karla.

Coretta stood up.

"Come on", said coretta.

Karla stood up and took her mother's hand. They made their way to the stage. Karla stared at her father. Karla stood in front of the microphone stand. Everyone started clapping. Coretta smiled a bit and rubbed karla's shoulders.

Coretta fixed the mic stand and put it to karla's height. Coretta whispered something to karla's ear. Karla stared at her father's face.

"Um...I'm going to miss my daddy very much, he taught me to play piano....on weekends he would spend his whole day playing with us in the backyard with me, my sisters, and my brothers", said karla onto the mic and stared at martin's face again.

Karla's eyes got watery. She started crying. Coretta rubbed karla's back.

"I will always love my daddy", said karla and turned around. She hugged coretta and started crying. Coretta rubbed karla's back and picked her up. Coretta went back to her seat.

- 𝙂𝙊𝙊𝘿𝘽𝙔𝙀𝙎

Coretta stood up and took her children to the casket. "Say goodbye, this will be the last time you'll ever see daddy", said coretta. "Goodbye martin, thank you for everything, you truly are a hero", said rosa parks. She walked away.

Karla started crying. She sniffed. "Come on baby, you can do it", said coretta.

Karla pecked martin's forehead. "Bye daddy", said karla and ran. Coretta picked up bernice. Bernice pecked martin's forehead. Yolanda pecked martin's forehead and walked away. Dexter and martin lll did the same thing.