Chapter One

Oakley

I followed my real estate agent into the kitchen, and I was impressed. It was a huge luxurious kitchen, but I'd expected that in a one-million-dollar home.

"What do you think?" The agent asked with a huge grin on his face.

I walked around the enormous granite island, letting my palm glide over the smooth cold rock. It was big enough to fit a few people sitting around it which meant nothing to me.

"Huge gas oven," he said, shattering my fantasy. "And look at the size of this fridge. Incredible. Enough to feed an army, or a couple of teenagers. Are you married? Do you have children?"

I gritted my teeth as I looked around. I was thirty-five years old and I was still single. I had been dedicated to the job
the past decade and a half and hadn't had time to focus on much else.

I always wanted to find her. The one. And I would not settle for any less. I was waiting for that spark. That special jolt of lightning to strike when I was least expecting it.

I doubted I would find it in a small town such as Don Springs, however. The population was only half a percentage of what I was used to in the big city, but I was offered a good deal as sheriff.

"No," I said with a heavy sigh. "I never got married."

"Kids?"

"No."

"Well, if that's in your future, this is going to make a great home to raise a family in. Come see the rest of the house. The owners have already moved out so you could take possession whenever you desired."

He gave me a tour of the empty house, grinning when he showed me the man-cave with the full wet bar and pool table in the basement.

This house had it all. A gym, a theater room, and more rooms than I could keep track of.

"Plenty of bedrooms," the agent said as we walked up the stairs. "And wait until I show you this office. It overlooks the
in-ground pool and the beautifully landscaped backyard."

After fifteen years of one-hundred-hour work weeks, I knew that the sheriff of the station had a lot more paperwork
than I was used to.

The office was all custom wooden shelves along the walls that extended up to the high ceilings. The owners had left a beautiful intricately carved desk in the middle of the room and on the empty bookshelves rested a box.

I cocked my head before opening the box. To my astonishment, inside the box was an assortment of macaroons. They were red and pink and perfect.

"The owners agreed to throw in the desk," The agent said as I walked over to the giant windows that overlooked
the backyard. "It was originally owned by Drizella Miller. It's quite the artefact and a nice addition to this beautiful
home."

I was only half-listening as I looked at the gorgeous swimming pool in the back. It even had a swim-up bar with a
giant tiki hut over it.

"What the..." I whispered when I spotted a girl lying on one of the pool chairs. My heart started pounding when I roamed my hungry eyes over her.

She was stunning.

I couldn't breathe as I stared at her in awe.

Her wavy red hair was resting on her shoulders as she tilted her chin up to the sun like she was daring it to outshine her. It didn't stand a chance next to this angelic beauty.

It was the middle of fall and this girl was sunbathing. She stood out, yet she complimented the scene perfectly. Green, red, and orange-coloured leaves filled the pool outside, and the colours seemed to compliment her pale skin.

The pounding in my chest made its way into my ears, and I couldn't hear a word that the agent was saying. I was completely focused on her. I was fixated and worried that I wouldn't ever be able to tear my eyes off her sweet body.

It was on full display in a tight black bikini that had my cock stirring.

Small button nose, big lips, and a perky chest with the perfect hip dip, she was a dream come to life.

I was already obsessed.