❝ one bed trope ❞

LI: Mattheo Riddle

Trope: One bed trope + enemies to lovers

please js give this a chance !! 
be aware of foul language.. uh n that's
pretty much it!

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

It was meant to be a simple trip, a one night thing.  It was going to be fun until you and your friends found out that you wouldn't be able to pick your own roommate. The teacher would be picking which is the most annoying thing ever, everyone was standing outside the area waiting to be given a partner.

The teacher began naming students, they were obviously reading down a printed list which meant there was still a chance you could be partnered with a friend.

Your friend tapped you on the shoulder, you looked over looking at your friend. "You think there's a chance we could be put together?" She asked you evidently hopeful.

"I definitely believe there's a chance." You stated with a small nod of your head. Though the likeness of that being factual was eminently dubious considering y'all spoke a lot during classes.

When you heard your friend's name you were hopeful but that hope faded when you heard your other friend's name.    You were at least glad she was partnered up with someone good.

Finally you heard your name called and your smile faded nearly as soon as you heard the second name.    "Yn Ln and Mattheo Riddle.  You two will be in cabin 22."

"Is that even legal?  Can they put a girl and a boy in the same room?"   Your friend asked an expression of consternation on her face.

"I don't know,  but there is no way in merlin's name that i'll actually be rooming with him."  You expressed in a serious tone.   

"Alright, well.. at least let me know what happens."   Your friend gave you a reassuring smile before going off with the friend she was partnered up with.

You approached the teacher,   "I think you've made a mistake."   You blurted out suddenly.
  "I don't believe so.  The names were printed out for a reason, but if you want, I can look over the list once more."   The teacher spoke in a curt tone.

You would've replied but bit your tongue in hopes your name would be with someone else.  "What's your name."  The teacher asked abruptly, "Yn Ln."  

"As I spoke prior,  you're with Mattheo Riddle." The teacher was clearly not having this conversation but this was definitely a 'what the fuck?' moment.  

You merely sighed, evidently frustrated at the fact you were paired up with Riddle of all people. You just walked away with your bags to your cabin.  

Once you approached your cabin you opened the door. The first thing you noticed was the neatly made bed, and the fact there was only one. You almost couldn't believe it — not only had they paired you with a boy but now there was only one bed to go along with it?

Someone had to have been out of their minds while planning this because that was actually ridiculous, absurd even.

"Can you shut the door at least?" Mattheo questioned with a scuff, clearly he was already in a crappy mood. "I'm closing the door because I want to not because you told me too." You pointed out as you placed your bags down and shut the door.