❝ falling asleep on his shoulder ❞

this is my first reaction and so i figured starting off nicely is better than making it sad but i def plan on writing angst because.. why not?

pls enjoy, comment + vote if you somewhat enjoy whatever this is.

trope; friends but crushing .. bc why not?

ALSO.. DO WE LIKE DELUL TOM OR LIKE.. SOMEWHAT REGULAR TOM ( bc realistically he'd kill you on the spot the moment you say smth he doesn't agree with )

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Mattheo Riddle

You were in the common room studying with Mattheo. He was in desperate need of a tutor and you just so happened to be the person Snape paired to tutor him.

"Ugh! Yn, please.  No more,  I don't think my brain can handle much more.   You're starting to sound like you're speaking a completely different language."    Mattheo complained shutting his book, losing the page he was currently on and leaning against the couch with an exasperated sigh.

"Mattheo! Please,  we were almost done."   You complained frustrated at his need to give up so quickly.    "Okay,  well.. we can be almost done tomorrow or something."    You shook your head, and groaned in frustration.  

Maybe a break is what you needed,   you were tired and along with that immensely frustrated at the fact what you were tutoring Mattheo in was basically going in through one ear and out the other.

"Alright, an hour break and then we finish up this last thing so we can get it over with.   We have a test coming up and I want you to at least get a better grade than your average."    He nodded as he listened to you, standing up to stretch. 

"Got it, will do.  I promise that after this break I'll get right to it and get a good grade."   He spoke as you leaned your head back getting into a comfortable position on the couch.

He looked over at you but didn't say anything and just plopped back down onto the common room couch. You looked over at him but didn't speak, there was no need. The good thing about hanging around Mattheo is that he was pretty okay with just silence.

Sometimes,  other times you couldn't pay this man to shut up.  It was impecable his yapping skills, truly.  

Time moved slowly in silence,  despite the fact that the silence wasn't silence at all.  It was like every little noise when nobody was speaking was suddenly enhanced.

Your eyes closed for a mere moment — at least that's what it seemed like.   In reality that wasn't the case.

Yn had fallen asleep on the couch within the silence,   her body shifted and her head dropped against Mattheo's music.

His head looked over towards Yn who had fallen asleep, he smiled at her and let her stay sleeping on his shoulder.
He was happy about this fact, especially considering now he didn't have to do any more of the reading that he was supposed to do.

Tom Riddle

You and Tom were studying in the library.
There was an upcoming test that you both were studying for.

Ironically the only reason you had managed to befriend Tom was due to your smarts. He found that being intelligent was an amazing quality if he were to befriend someone.

Books practically stacked on top of other books as you wrote down notes. You were pretty sure that your hand was going to be so tense you wouldn't manage being able to write for the whole rest of the week.