Part 2

Chapter 2

A small boat rocked violently as it traversed the Narrow Sea, though for its size, the ship had only a few men on board, including a single woman. Clad in a red dress that hugged her body, she found herself sitting opposite the burnt body of a man.

No. Not a man.

"You!" the man snarled in rage as he looked at the red-haired woman. The fire had rendered his body writhed in pain.

"It was you who plotted against me," he accused angrily, and the red woman did not deny the allegations as he stared at the young Prince in front of her.

"No, I did not have to. The only guilt I bear is that I did not stop it. For you, my Prince, carry in your veins the blood of Kings, not the petty kings that rule over these lands built of the one true King..."

"...The Azor Ahai," the young Prince gasped out, surprising the red woman with her words.

"So, you do know," she said, a glimmer passing through her eyes. She had just found her true purpose—what she had been searching for all these years.

"Of course, I know of it. But you are wrong! I am not the one you seek," he retorted angrily as he looked down at his burnt arms, and he was somewhat horrified by their state.

"No, you are wrong, my Prince," she said with a frown, making the Prince look towards her.

"You are the one, for you have been blessed by the God himself. The fire that merely burnt away your skin was hot enough to melt metal itself," she replied. She saw his eyes flare in rage as he spoke up.

"Burn! Merely burn!" the Prince snarled in rage at the red woman.

"You call this a mere burn! Do you even see the state I am in? It was you who put me in this state! YOU!" he roared, and the fire in the cabin flickered at his rage as if responding to his call.

"I apologize for what you had to go through, my Prince. But it was all necessary to get you away from these lands so you could fulfill your destiny," she said and kneeled down in front of him, much to the Prince's surprise.

"If you wish, I could help you change your form," she uttered, her hands passing over the red jewel flickering brightly on her neck. The prince cut in.

"I have no need for your parlor tricks, Melisandre of Asshai!" His words cut through the cabin, and the whole atmosphere shifted as the red woman's eyes widened at his words.

"You...How do you know that name!" she questioned in a shaky tone as the prince's eyes glinted, for she had yet to say that.

"I know much more than you think."

0000

ELIA MARTELL-282AC

The future Queen of the Seven Kingdoms sat in her solar, lamenting over the future as she thought about just what kind of a future lay for her and her children.

Her husband was dead. Rhaegar Targaryen, the melancholic Prophecy obsessed fool, was dead. His chest caved in by a single blow from the hulking giant that was Rober Baratheon, and with that, any hope of Royal victory had vanished as well.

Many nobles made to abandon the royal cause and rushed to throw in their lot with the rebellion as they saw their victories. Now, with the final battle, their fate was sealed. The King may rule over the capital and seat himself on the Iron Throne yet he was no King. His charisma and sanity were long gone, and now only a fearful group of lickspittles and opportunistic fools surrounded him.