5

Dominic sat at the small table in his bedroom, staring at his computer screen. He was supposed to be working, but his mind was elsewhere. On one Gabrielle Remington.

She'd been in Daniel's office tonight when he'd stopped by, though she'd hurried out the moment he'd shown up. Like she was avoiding him. Part of the reason he'd even shown up was to meet with both her and Daniel.

She'd grown into quite a beautiful woman in the last five years. He hadn't seen her in all of that time. He wasn't there much and when he was, she wasn't. Not that it mattered. But he couldn't help but admire her today.

She had blond curly hair like her mother and he knew her eyes were blue. They all had blue eyes. It was a Remington trait. She wasn't very tall but taller than Daniel's daughters, though not by much. Rather the perfect height in his mind. And her scent.. she smelled really good. But he wasn't going to focus on that.

He'd caught that scent more than once in the house. Faint, but he'd noticed it. It had intrigued him. He hadn't known it was hers though. He'd noticed it yesterday evening, and then today, he'd finally realized it belonged to her.

His gaze had met Daniel's, who had shrugged. "She's upset about something."

"Do you want me to go after her?" He wasn't even sure why he'd offered but he kind of wanted to see her again. Well, not kind of. He did.

"Nah, don't worry about it." And they'd left it at that.

Except that he hadn't. She'd been on his mind all evening and he couldn't figure out why he was fixated on her. It was like she was a bag of cat nip and he couldn't stay away. He rolled his eyes at himself.

He'd already told himself long ago that he would never touch any of the women at Regal Eclipse. He couldn't. He'd worked hard to gain their trust and he wasn't about to break it. He'd be a complete idiot to do that.

He'd been with Regal Eclipse for twenty-one years now, and he'd been happier here than he had in a long time. He had a home, friends and good food. Well better than good. He worked for them, mostly on the business side of things. And he loved it.

But for some ridiculous reason, his need to touch Gabrielle Remington was overwhelming him tonight. He needed laid. How long had it been since he'd had a woman? Months? That was probably what it was.

He hadn't been interested in a while. He couldn't remember the last time he'd bedded a woman, which was saying something. He'd been restless and distracted lately.

He'd finally left the pack house and headed into the city. He'd found a place he'd picked up women before and settled down to watch. But none of them interested him, and he'd ended up leaving, alone and annoyed.

He'd came back, undressed, took a shower and went to bed. Not that he'd slept. He'd been laying there staring at the ceiling when the knock had sounded at his door. He gotten up and threw on a pair of sweats then walked over to the door and stopped as her scent creeped underneath. Why was she at his door?

He thought briefly about ignoring it. He couldn't imagine why she was there. The only reason he could think of was sex but he knew that was just because for some reason he wanted to have sex with her. Not likely why she was there, though he really couldn't think of any other reason.

Gabrielle Remington was Caleb's daughter and absolutely, completely off limits. As much as he would enjoy bedding her, he just couldn't.

He steeled himself and opened the door. She was standing there in a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. Her eyes were on his stomach and they stayed there for a very long time or at least what felt like a long time.