10

Dominic ran his hands through his black hair, setting it on end. He couldn't help but think this was all his fault. He should have just accepted her rejection. Then, maybe she wouldn't have done something this stupid.

He hadn't wanted to reject her. He still had no desire to. He didn't know how to make that any more clear to her. Gabby was so far into her own head when it came to him, she couldn't seem to hear a thing he was saying to her.

And now she'd left, taking off in the middle of the night, possibly to go to another man. Instead of her fated, she would take a chosen, just so she could sever the bond between them. That hurt. If she was willing to do that to end what was between them, he didn't have much hope this could work.

He stood there, listening to the phone ring in Caleb's ear, as his anger grew. "He's probably asleep."

Caleb glanced at the time and rubbed at his face. He left a message, then called again. "Why would an Alpha silence his phone at night?"

Daniel just looked at him.

"I know. But good grief, I'd think he'd have more common sense than that," Caleb muttered in frustration.

"I'm going to Alaska," Dominic said suddenly. "Which pack?"

"I'm going with you," Daniel said. "Denali Pack. Alpha Axel."

"So am I," Caleb responded. "I'm going to have Charlotte stay here just in case she comes back."

"Trevor, keep me updated on her location," Daniel told him.

"Will do," he said.

Dominic left the security room, Caleb and Daniel right behind him, as he linked one of their pilots for a plane.

Where to?

Denali Pack

Okay. Give me an hour.

"One hour," Dominic muttered. He got off the elevator on the first floor and headed down to his room and on inside, shutting the door behind him. He paced the floor for several long moments, feeling like a caged animal.

Anger, frustration, guilt and worry consumed him. Finally, he had a mate, and she was making this so much more difficult than it needed to be.

His thoughts drifted back to last night. He'd been so content holding her. More content than he'd been in a very long time. He went back over the conversation in his mind. Perhaps telling her no sex had been his big mistake. Maybe he should have insisted she mark him just to prove to her that he wanted this. Completed the bond with her.

He hadn't thought about it though, hadn't had time. He'd been trying to not pressure her into sex and it may have had the opposite affect on her. He would have been more than willing.

Gabrielle Remington was a beautiful woman, and the thought of mating her had him instantly aroused. But now, he might never get that chance. If he had to accept her rejection, he would. The thought sent a sharp pain through him but if that would keep her from taking a chosen, then he'd do what he must. And he'd have to live with it, simply because he had no choice. It didn't seem fair, but then when had life ever been fair? This would probably send him into another deep depression and who knew if he'd even be able to come back from it. All while watching her be with someone else.

The thought of anyone else touching Gabby caused his control to slip even more through his claws. He realized if he accepted her rejection he would no longer be able to stay at Regal Eclipse. Watching her with another man would kill him and he would have to leave. He hated it that he'd been put into this position by her, but there was nothing he could do about it except hope that maybe she might want to give it a try. He didn't have high hopes though, not if she was willing to take a chosen just to break the bond between them.