Chapter One

Amber Williams scrolled through the rack of dresses in front of her. Her best friend, Daisy, was by her side.

"I can't believe this is happening!" squealed Daisy.

Amber smiled, and nodded. She thought back to the night Jonas proposed to her, in front of all those fans. "I think some people will be jealous, though."

"No kidding. I'm jealous. But I'm so happy for you!"

"Thanks, Daisy." Amber kept scrolling through the dresses until she came to a white, glittery number with straps. "This is the one," she said.

"Try it on!" exclaimed Daisy.

So Amber headed off to the dressing room to get changed. When she was done, she opened the curtain to reveal herself.

"Definitely the one," said Daisy.

Amber went back into the changing room to get changed. Outside the dressing room, she could hear Daisy saying, "Aren't you a bit worried that this is Jonas' second marriage? I mean, who's to say you guys won't get divorced in the future?"

"Way to be supportive, Daisy," said Amber, "and no. Jonas and Rachel split because Jonas didn't want children and Rachel did. I fully support Jonas on his decision to remain childfree."

"Oh, and are you just gonna ignore the fact that you got pregnant last year and lost the baby?"

"Jonas and I have spoken about this at length, Daisy. We're both completely fine with it." Amber emerged from the dressing room in her jeans and T-shirt, and went to pay for her purchase.

"All I'm saying is," said Daisy, "have you thought about how Rachel might feel in this situation?"

"I'm sure Rachel is cool with it, too." Amber paid for the dress, put it in a bag, and they set off.

Suddenly Amber's phone began to buzz. It was Jonas.

"Hi, Jonas," said Amber as she picked up on the third ring.

"Have you found the dress yet?"

"Yep. And we're about to leave the store. Meet us for lunch? No peeking, though."

"Love to," said Jonas.

Amber gave Jonas the address of a nearby cafe, and they agreed to meet there.

***

Jonas and Amber had been living with Amber's parents for about two years, but Jonas now thought it was time for them to get their own place. He had approached Amber about the subject, but since her mother was helping her plan the wedding, Amber was reluctant to move.

Amber had gotten Daisy flown over especially to help her with the wedding. With Jonas' star status and therefore incredible wealth, Amber felt she could do anything.

The three of them sat down at the cafe.

"So," said Daisy, "how's your career going, Jonas?"

"Pretty good," said Jonas.

"I think what Daisy's trying to ask," said Amber, "is have you got any exciting projects coming up for us?"

Jonas smiled. "Well," he said, "I can't tell you just yet, but let me tell you, it's going to be awesome."

"Aww," Daisy pouted. "Why can't you tell us?"

Jonas looked at Amber, then at Daisy. He sighed. "Okay. But promise you won't tell anyone else?"

"We promise," said Amber.

"Okay, well, I have a new album coming out..."

Daisy gasped.

"... and I'm going on tour!"

Daisy squealed with excitement. Amber looked at her friend, and smiled.

"But," Jonas said, turning to Amber, "the real exciting thing is starting my new life with Amber."

"Awww," Amber said, and kissed him.

"You two are adorable," said Daisy.

"I'm so lucky that I have a friend like you, Daisy, that accepts us."

"Don't get me wrong, I am slightly jealous. But I wish you guys every happiness."

"Thank you, Daisy," said Jonas.