Chapter Four

The day of the wedding had finally arrived. Emotions were running high, and no one was more emotional than Jonas. He needed to speak to Daisy, but she was busy helping Amber get ready.

Daisy carefully did the buttons up on Amber's dress. "Turn around," she said as she was done.

Amber did as she was told.

Daisy gasped. "You look amazing," she said. A tear came to her eye. After everything she'd been through with them, it all came down to this moment.

"I hope Jonas isn't too nervous," said Amber.

"I'm sure he's doing just fine," said Daisy.

Amber sighed. "I don't know, I mean, you know how nervous Jonas gets."

"I think you're missing the fact that he's done this before."

Amber turned to look at Daisy. "What did he say to you? When he asked to talk to you at the cake tasting?"

"He said he was nervous and he wasn't sure if he could do this."

Amber slumped down on the bed and put her head in her hands.

"But," said Daisy, "I reassured him that he would be fine."

"What if he decides he can't go through with it? What if he runs away and leaves me at the altar?"

"He won't." Daisy tried to reassure Amber, but now Amber was feeling nervous, too. More nervous than she ever had in her life.

***

Amber and Jonas weren't the only ones feeling nervous on their big day. Rachel could also feel the butterflies in her stomach. Surely this can't go as bad as last time, she thought to herself, but then she thought that there was very little chance that Jonas would actually take her back. But it had to be at least worth a shot.

The plane landed at Braun Airport and Rachel got off. She'd been here before as part of Jonas' tour. But this time was totally different. She wasn't even with Jonas anymore. In fact, he was marrying someone completely different. She took a few deep breaths as she checked in, and people were looking at her as she made her way out of the airport.

Rachel checked into a hotel and settled in. This might just be the biggest moment of her life, and she didn't want to mess it up.

Rachel studied the invitations carefully. Remember what Cecelia said, she thought to herself, no getting up to mischief. But then, she decided she didn't care what Cecelia or indeed anyone else thought. She had to get Jonas back.

Rachel was all ready to 'crash the wedding' so to speak. She was dressed in a denim skirt and pink basque with high heels - hardly wedding attire, but it didn't matter, she told herself.

***

Jonas could feel himself sweating as he waited at the altar for Amber. His hands were shaking, his pulse racing. Then he reminded himself that he had done this before. Not that it made much of a difference.

Amber was late, as most brides are, and this only made Jonas even more nervous. Then suddenly, the doors of the church opened, and Amber slowly stepped inside. She looked incredible in her dress, Jonas thought to himself. It took his breath away.

Before he knew it, Amber was standing beside him. The officiant started the service. But it was brought to a halt when the church doors opened for the second time.

"STOP THE WEDDING!!!"

Amber and Jonas both turned to look at the apparent party crasher, and they were stunned.

"Rachel?" they both said together.

Daisy, who was Amber's bridesmaid, turned to look at Rachel, and her jaw fell open.

Rachel made her way up the aisle.

"What are you doing here?" asked Jonas.

"Jonas," said Rachel, breathless from running up the aisle. "I know you still feel something for me. It's not too late. Take me back."

Now Jonas was even more nervous than ever, as was Amber. "Rachel," said Jonas. "Please go away."

"This isn't right," Rachel wailed "You... and her..."

"Rachel, what's your problem?" asked Amber.

"My problem is you! You husband stealer!"

"Rach, please, don't make a scene," Jonas begged.

"Oh, Jonas," said Rachel. "Please take me back."

"In case the whole wedding thing didn't give it away," Jonas vaguely waved his arms. "I've moved on."

"But we're meant to be together," said Rachel.

"No, we're not," said Jonas. "Security!"

Two huge bouncers escorted Rachel out of the building.

"I'm sorry she tried to ruin things for you," Jonas said to Amber.

"Can we just get married now?"

The officiant went ahead and performed the ceremony. Jonas was surprisingly calm as he said his vows.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife," the officiant declared. Amber and Jonas kissed, and the whole crowd erupted in applause.

As Amber and Jonas left the church hand in hand, Amber breathed a sigh of relief that Rachel was nowhere to be seen. Daisy gave Amber a hug.

"I'm so happy for you," said Daisy.

"I'm sorry about Rachel," said Amber.

"Well, she certainly added some drama to the proceedings!" Daisy joked.

"Come on, Amber," said Jonas as he opened the door of a large limousine. "It's time for our honeymoon!"

"Have an amazing time, guys!" Daisy called out as Amber and Jonas were whisked away.