Chapter Five

Jonas hadn't told Amber where they were going for their honeymoon. As she boarded the private jet, she was none the wiser about their destination.

"Can't you at least tell me where we're going?" Amber pleaded.

Jonas shook his head. "You'll find out when we get there."

The plane flew for what felt like forever to Amber. They eventually landed on a secluded island.

"Welcome to Isle Jonas," Jonas said as they exited the plane.

"This is your island?" Amber couldn't quite believe it.

"I only come here every once in a while, to get my head straight and stuff."

"Being a celebrity can mess with your head," Amber joked.

Jonas didn't disagree. "So what do you think?"

Amber took Jonas' face in her hands and kissed him. "I love it."

There was a little beach hut on the island, and Jonas picked Amber up and carried her in.

"Must be nice to be somewhere where you're not recognised all the time," said Amber.

"You know it," said Jonas. "Now, I'm heading for the pool. Care to join me Mrs James?"

Amber giggled. Mrs James. It had a nice ring to it, and she could certainly get used to it!

Amber changed into her bikini and joined Jonas in the pool. She came up behind him and snaked her arms around her new husband. She leaned her face on his back.

Jonas took Amber's hands and moved her around so she was facing him, and kissed her. "We'd better be careful," he said. "We don't want what happened last time."

Amber didn't really care about what happened last time. She wanted Jonas and she wanted him now. In fact, there's nothing she had ever wanted more.

Amber took Jonas in her arms and they let the mood take them wherever it wanted to.

***

Rachel was at her wits' end. Jonas had rejected her not once, but twice.

"I wish you'd find someone new, and forget about Jonas," Rachel's mother said.

"Can't you see? Jonas is the only one for me." Rachel thought back to when she first met Jonas. They were at school together, and he made her laugh, which was what he was good at. But this thinking only made her cry even more.

"I need to do something," Rachel wailed.

"Woah there, Rachel. Stop. You've tried to 'do something' twice now. Doing something a third time is not going to change his mind. Just let the man be happy."

Rachel started to cry even more. "Of course I want him to be happy. I just want him to be happy with me!"

"Rach, I say this because I love you. Leave him alone!"

"I just can't," said Rachel. "I have to do something."