A wasp and a math contest

March 19th, 2024

Today, while we were having our English class, a wasp entered and stayed in the window. The girl that was sitting next to the window went a bit further, and the guy who sat in front of her picked up a notebook and raised his hand.

The teacher ignored him, because just them, Amaya, Gene and me had noticed it. Then Twinkle, who sat next to the girl, realized her friend was not there and then looked at the wasp. She stood up (not too easily) and screamed.

Alex and Ruby turned back and saw the wasp. Ruby sat next to the guy, and Alex just in front of them with another guy.

We were 32 in class. (We're 28)

Now, Alex got up with his Math book (which was a bit... broken Imma say) and hit the wasp. The other guy was now shouting at the teacher.

"What?!" She asked.

"There's a wasp at the window, can I expell it?"

"OK, fine"

Both Alex and the guy started hitting the wasp with their school stuff, and Ruby started yelling at it. The wasp glided while flying across the surface of the window.

Then Ruby hit the window, which twirled, but the wasp was still there.

The three were hitting now the window, the whole class was laughing at them.

And just when everyone shut up, Gene said: "I had never lived such an illogical situation". We all turned to see him and he blushed.

"Ehhhhh"

Alex hit the wasp again, which ended in the wall. With a paper they finally got it out (it wasn't dead despite everything) and closed the window. The wasp stayed in the other side, still, on the surface of the window.

Later a boy from the class entered, he was hot, so he proposed to open the window.

"Nonono" the girl next to the window said.

"Don't you dare" Twinkle said.

Later they told us we were going to do a math contest in groups and we were going to skip plastics (yasssss)

I was with Amaya and Sophie, but Penélope stayed with us, yet she had a partner.

Twinkle, Ruby, Alex and Gene went together, since they were friends.

Basically I had stress because between 40 teams, if we ended in first, second or third place we could skip our final exam.

And we ended the 8th ones Imma cry.

But the story: Alex and Twinkle didn't even do anything, Gene was calculating everything fastly, but not enough for Ruby who pressed any solution, and was always wrong.

They ended the 40th ones...

Gene was so mad at her that when it finished he went directly to class without talking.

Again one of our classmates wanted to open the window; the wasp was not apparently there but we didn't let him anyway.

Whe the classes ended (finally) we left. I waited for Amaya, and when we went out, just Gene was inside the class.

"Should we... ask him what's wrong?"

"I don't know, but we have to leave quickly, remember? You wanted me to send audios saying "tishu"" Amaya reminded.

"Okay then I'll ask him tomorrow"