٦

The moment Azara left, Aryan was consumed by a sense of emptiness that enveloped him. He let out a heavy sigh and gazed up at the sky, pondering, "Was there a better way for me to confess?"

Meanwhile, Azara stood by the window, absentmindedly fiddling with the hem of her dupatta. She contemplated whether or not to speak to him, her feelings for him clear in her mind, yet hindered by a certain truth she knew Aryan would struggle to accept.

The next morning,

Everyone had breakfast together except Aryan. "This trip was just to unwind before the busy days ahead," Samar's statement grabbed everyone's attention.

"What do you mean?" Emara inquired, "Azara's wedding plans are scheduled to start at the end of this week," he responded, causing all the cousins to cheer, although Azara had the urge to flee from the scene. She felt a sense of unease growing within her. She excused herself and walked upstairs,

She sat on the edge of her bed, thinking of ways to stop the wedding. She knew she would be married off to that guy, but not this soon. She wondered what made her uncle make this decision.

|Azara|

I felt anger towards my parents, I knew this decision wasn't made by them but by my taya abu, I started to feel a growing sense of distaste for him. He's the head of the family, it's fine but why does he have to make decisions for me?

He arranged for me to marry his friend's brother's son without even caring about what I wanted. He didn't think it was necessary to ask my consent , nor did he let my parents.

It's not that I'm backing off because I fell for Aryan, I never wanted that wedding in the first place.

Shehzad Baig, the guy I was supposed to marry, has a conservative mindset. He wants a puppet in the name of his wife. A wife who will obediently follow his every command.

I clearly remember when he asked my Taya Abu to take me out, I was hesitant to go out with him, and he rebuked me for it.

He informed me that we would be living abroad once we got married, and he was adamant that I cut off connections with my family to devote myself to him. He was possessive and only desired to have me all to himself. His obsessions knew no bounds - he even convinced my Taya Abu to drive me to and from university, followed me everywhere, and called me every minute. It wasn't out of love that drove him to behave this way, but rather because he viewed me as his property.

I was utterly exhausted by it all and wanted to call off the wedding, but he warned me against such a decision. "You have no idea of the power I hold Azara Malik. I can ruin your family, and of course, your uncle wouldn't want to taint his reputation, so you'll end up marrying me regardless. Just refrain from compelling me to enforce my will upon you, be obedient, and wait for the moment I bring you to my home."

This was what he told me when we last met before my chachu, Rohaan bhai's father passed away. Since then, we had no contact, and now there are unexpected wedding arrangements.

I didn't want to be someone's puppet, but nobody in the family goes against Taya Abu, even Rohaan Bhai, his favourite nephew.

|Author|

Aryan was summoned to the Wazir's haveli, so he drove to their place in the morning. This time, he made sure to greet Abad Wazir and then smirked at Usman, who glared at him the whole time.

"Aao baitho," Abad's friendly demeanor left him perplexed. He couldn't fathom why Abad was acting so welcoming after he shot Usman previously.

"I don't have all day to waste here, so get to the point," he snapped. "Very well then," Abad responded, causing Aryan to raise an eyebrow. "I want you to marry my granddaughter, Jahanara."

A tense silence hung in the air until Aryan burst into laughter. "You must be joking, Mr. Wazir." He exclaimed. Abad's anger flared as he sternly stated, "I'm deadly serious, Aryan,"

Aryan's expression turned cold as he locked eyes with Abad. "If you think I would agree to such a ridiculous demand of yours, then you are gravely mistaken!"

"Think about it young man, it'll be beneficial for both the families. I'll forgive the Raees for what they have done in the past." Aryan cackled menacingly.

"Who told you we need your forgiveness? Do you think we're begging for your forgiveness? I simply advised you to wait a bit, not to show weakness. I came to caution you to shield my guests. I swear, even a scratch caused by you would be disastrous for you all. Raees will never bow down to the Wazir's!" He declared with an unwavering authority.

Only Aryan dared to speak in that manner with Abad Wazir and not face any consequences.

_

"Kya hua, itni udaas kiun baithi ho?" Usman found his cousin, seated on the swing in the garden. Without waiting for Jahanara's response, he continued, "Ah,is it the rejection from Aryan Raees that has brought about this melancholy?" His voice carried a hint of frustration, almost as if he disapproved of the idea of her marrying Aryan.

"That's none of your concern," she snapped before attempting to walk away, but he forcefully clasped her wrist and yanked her back towards him. "This is something I care about," he declared, emphasizing each word.

"Oh, surely you do!" She spat, yanking his hand away, freeing herself from his grip.

-
╰┈➤ I apologise for the delay. The week after eid was hectic, and I had college assignments pending.

About the chapter, what do you think about Usman and Jahanara?

Target for next chp - 05 votes
Itna tou kar hi sakty ho?