Chapter 4: Twist in friendship and love

Chapter 4:

The sound of a crash echoed through the school corridors, sending Lily and Ethan's friends running towards the accident area in a panic. As they reached the scene, they found Ethan with an injury on his right hand. He had saved two other boys by pushing them out of harm's way but ended up with a severe injury himself. Lily and his friends urged him to go to the hospital, but Ethan, stubborn as ever, refused and ran away.

Back at home, Lily couldn't shake off the worry for Ethan. She texted him to check on him, but his replies were short and distant. As days went by, Ethan's behavior became more withdrawn. He stopped talking to his classmates, refused to sing, and distanced himself from everyone, including Lily.

Weeks passed, and Lily finally managed to get Ethan to reply to her texts. He opened up about his past struggles in school, and they talked late into the night, finding solace in each other's words.

The next day, Lily surprised Ethan by asking him to meet her for lunch. She wanted him to remove his mask, at least in front of her. Ethan was torn between anxiety and confusion but declined, citing the need to study.

Alone at home, Ethan found comfort in singing and cooking, but his solitude was interrupted by a knock on the door. It was Lily and his friends, who wanted him to join them at a party. Reluctantly, Ethan agreed, and they set off together.

In the cab, Lily noticed Ethan's bandaged hand and his discomfort. She tried to comfort Ethan by holding his hands softly, but Ethan reassured her that he is fine(Lily knew Ethan lied that he is fine). At the party, things took a turn when Lily and others started asking Ethan to remove his mask for a while. Ethan refused and tried diverting the topic. Lily asked his friends to remove his mask. His friends went chasing Ethan to remove his mask, Ethan thought they were just having fun and joking with him. But things took a serious turn, when Ethan's friends forcefully tried removing Ethan's mask. Ethan's anger flared, and he left the party, cutting off all communication with Lily and his friends for days. He stopped going to school for weeks and blocked everyone from school.

When Ethan finally returned to school, he struggled with his feelings for Lily. He tried to suppress them, convinced he wasn't deserving of her affection. But as they continued to talk, Ethan found himself falling deeper in love with her, even as he realized it was one-sided.

Meanwhile, Lily began to drift away, making new friends and losing interest in their conversations. Ethan's heart ached with jealousy and sadness, knowing he could never confess his feelings to her.

Lily losing interest in friendship with Ethan slowly started destroying Ethan's mental health.

Will Ethan be able to confess his love?
Will he be able to save his friendship with Lily?
Is Ethan gonna be fine again?

Stay tuned, for the answers in next chapter.