13. Invitation Along with Fire

After the Xianzhou people and the astral express people left, the stellaron hunters left soon after them. They said they had other business somewhere else, but who knows if it's true.

And so life seemed to be going smoothly after all that. Recovery of the land and peace was doing great. Time seemed to pass by quickly, it had already been a few years.

"It's been awhile since an outsider came." Alberu sat on his office chair, looking at the photo of everyone that laid on his desk.

Cale groaned, "are you trying to jinx us?" He was lying on the couch inside Alberu's office.

Alberu chuckled, "isn't it boring?" He was teasing him.

Cale's expression worsened, he was not having it. Although he achieved his ultimate goal, "a slacker life," there would sometimes be unexpected accidents occurring once in a while.

Knock knock, the door went.

"Oh? Who could it be?" Alberu acted surprised, smiling directly at Cale.

Cale suddenly got a bad feeling, Alberu had really just jinxed them!

"Come in!" Alberu allowed the guests in.

A person walked in, they looked like a foreigner? They were wearing fancy, simple clothing like that of a suit in a modern world. The person stepped forward and bowed a little. "Hello, I am the representative from Penacony, the Planet of Festivities."

'The Planet of Festivities?'

"The Family has invited you to attend their celebration. For further contents, you can use this tablet to access it. If you have anymore further questions, you can go find FAQ to see if any is helpful." They handed Alberu the tablet. "Then, I'll be off." They left without letting any of the two being able to speak.

"Well.. that was indeed something..." Alberu was flabbergasted. He sighed, "let's just check it out."

Cale opened the tablet, knowing the device and how to control it, he took the lead.

The invitation consisted of a few key things. Firstly, a description of Penacony; Penacony, the Planet of Festivities also known as the Land of the Dreams, is known for its large, luxurious grand hotel stationed over a endless sky. A famed vacation spot for tourists all over the galaxy in search to live their dreams.

The Reverie, or the Dreamscape, is an imaginary mirage, access-able for all Penacony visitors. A place where one could let go of their worries and experience the wonders of having their dreams come into reality.

The invitation also included some others; The Family will automatically provide everything from transportation to responsibility during the time to and from Penacony, you are allowed entry for 1-5 people to get registered which should be provided in advance, guests coming into the dreamscape should be well and healthy.

They read over it slowly. But their eyes traced back to the last sentence, what did it mean by that? Could someone die in the dreamscape? Should we be concerned?

Cale looked up at Alberu, "should we attend?"

Alberu sighed, "it's not like we can decline, as long as we don't have any sickness, we should be fine." He was worrying about the last sentence as well.

Cale nodded. "Then who will be going?"

Alberu thought deeply, there wasn't many who were sitting for the job. "Hmm..." It was a tough decision, "Cale, you should go along with..." He was thinking, still thinking.

"Wha.. why me??" Cale questioned.

"Consider it a vacation." Alberu smiled brightly.. his scheming smile...