17 "today my world slipped away"

5am I left our bedroom to grab a heavy cup of coffee. As I reached for my mug i noticed it was gone. Below where it would usually rest, sat a note that read "sound this letter out. forget the coffee. Meet me behind the barn - lee"  fine. I'll skip the coffee. Once I saddled on my boots I wondered the dewy cold grass. My boots squeaked along the wet plains as I made my way to the beautiful man whom awaited me. "You're asking a lot from me" I spoke. "Am I? Look who did a great job of sounding out her words" He smiled as he held out a still steaming mug of coffee. "Ugh. Shut up" i leaned my back against the wooded posts of the fence that was built around the barn. I sunk my nose in the hot glass as we both watched the sun rise. "I won't be home for a long while. Probably in the early morning tomorrow" lee mentioned. I furrowed my brows. "He's really busting your ass huh?"

"No kiddin.. I have a lot of issues going on with the cattle. Don't wait up for me tonight"

I glanced up from my hot glass. "You know I'll be waiting"

"I know baby. I know" he kissed my skin gently along my shoulders. "I'll be late too. Not sure what yet but rip had a plan for me while my boys help you" 

"That's fine" lee placed his empty mug on the wood post. "Just be carful will you?"
"I will. I always am. Cuz I'm carrying your love with meeee" he sang. I rolled my eyes. "Remember that?" He snickered. "How could I forget" that song was a song that played when attempting to reproduce. "Alright. I'll be seeing you" gently lee kissed me before pulling away. "Oh hey lee." I spoke out. Lee turned back around to acknowledge me. "I'm pregnant by the way" 

Lees nonchalant face appeared to be shocked. White as a ghost. "Are you shitting me!?"
"Would I shit about that?"

"Holy shit!" He cheered before wrapping his arms around my slim body. "Are you really?"
"Yes" I reassured. Lees arms held me tight. "My baby is having a baby!?" He cackled in the crook of my neck. "Yeah! But keep quiet would you?"

"Holy fuck! I will baby. I will I swear" he held my cheeks as he smiled brightly into my soul. "Are you fucking serious?" Lee didn't hesitate to kiss me over and over. "Listen baby. I need to go. Please keep yourself safe" lee begged. "I will. Just make sure you come back home to us? Got it?"

Lee smiled deeply "I will be home in no time mama" lee shook his body with glee. "Gawd don't I love the sound of that! Woo wee!!" I watched with no emotion the love of my life wandering away. As he skipped he greeted rip. As rip nods his head to him he followed to retrieve me. "Your new boy toy jimmy is here" rip spoke as he connected the Velcro to his gloves. "Great. Shall I beat him?" I walked with rip back to the horses waiting for our travels. "He may need some beatings. Yeah" rip joked as he held the horse I had to ride in place. "Can't I take a wheeler?" I questioned. "Where we are going the wheeler can't make
It up the mountain"

"Jesus. Can't imagine what we're doing" anxiously but secretly anxious I climbed the horse gripping the reins. I knew to stay calm on such a creature. Rip tightened the straps for me as he asked me "what's up with you?"
I looked down at him with confusion. "Why is lee telling me to watch out for you? Make sure you're safe? What's up with that?"

"For a man who tells me to never ask questions you're asking a lot"

"Fancy" he sighed.

My face softened as I looked down at him. "Im carrying his kid" I spoke. Rips eyes eased as he watched me closely. "You?"
I nodded. He huffed "hmf. You never seemed the type" rip snickered. "Yeah well"
Rip reached up to grasp my hand. "That's great baby. I'm proud of you" he kissed my hand before stepping to his own horse ready to travel. "You need to keep an eye on yourself too fancy"

"I know that. I got it taken care of" behind rip I exsamined jimmy stumbling across the lawn to greet us. "You're late" I spoke. "Sorry...sorry... I got lost.."