the face off

Happy ugadi guys, it's a short update, because it has two parts.

Celestial mountain:

It's been a month since the heirs arrived at the celestial mountain , they didn't come across hua Ying and others yet as they were not allowed in the training hall where they are. Today they were allowed to go to the inner hall. Lan wangji being the punctual one entered only to be surrounded by the four disciples. They always heard about the second young master lan from their hua gongzi. Wen ning was just there to check on lan wangji and see if he has any memories.

Lan wangji is also familiar with them because hua Ying always told him about them. These four are hua ying's protectors, they will grow up to guard him. Wei zhulio, wei ning, wei yang are physical protectors and mengyao is going to be an advisor for hua Ying. Wen ning was also getting trained in medicine as well. They all sworn loyalty to him,  but hua Ying asks them to call the elder two Ying didi and younger two Ying gege. Lan wangji greeted them properly before making his way inside with wei zhulio who will be guiding him today.

Nie huaisang arrived along with jin zixuan and Jiang yanli, though nie huaisang got afraid that he will be forced to practice sword or saber they were just giving him fundamental classes of wind cultivation alongside Jiang yanli who is also enthusiastic about it. Both of them practiced hard and now entered into the actual class.jin zixuan also loved the sword forms here. They both entered only to see the people they were searching for in the class. They were shocked. The oblivious nie huaisang ran to them who welcomed him and greeted him. Mengyao was assigned to take care of nie huaisang because he may feel uncomfortable around jin zixuan and wei yang was too bored to guide them so, he tailed behind meng yao leaving wei ning to be a guide for both of them.

Jin zixuan and Jiang yanli bowed to him and wei ning bowed back. Jiang yanli asked directly "wen gongji are you back too?"

Wei ning said without stuttering "yes Jiang guniang and it's wei gongzi, we dafen wens changed our surname to wei for the respect of our saviour"

Jiang yanli was taken back at the hostility "then do you know where my shidi weiwuxian is, did you see him anywhere?"

Wei ning: yes, i know where he is , but you don't have to know, just know that he is very happy away from all of you.

Jin zixuan: why are you speaking like that? Yanli cares for him alot too. Just tell us where he is.

Jiang yanli: please wen..wei gongzi I just want to see him once, i am the one who raised him, i love him like my own, please.

Wei ning: yes you care for him as your shidi ,i accept, i know you love him,i don't have any hostility towards you but I can't say the same for your family,  Jiang guniang do you really know him , do you know when we were in burial mounds how many nights he woke up due to nightmares, do you know how much he cried when he can't go to your marriage, do you know how hurt he was when he got to know about your child from an outsider, do you know how depressed he was when he thought he killed your husband, do you know how many scars he had all his life because of your family, let me tell you, your mother's whip scars were filled all his back, your brother's stab scar adorned his side, oh you don't know this right, he gave his core to your brother, my sister and I did the surgery, he felt the pain without anesthesia or pain killers for two days, he got a permanent scar on his lower abdomen, he got many scars from wens who was trying to find your brother's whereabouts, he was thrown into burial mounds by wens and didn't have a choice but to cultivate yin energy which left him with endless nightmares.

all his life he did everything to protect you and your family, but you Jiang guniang you went and married his enemy even after they degraded him , you cared for him so much, but except for phoenix mountain hunt you  never protected him from your  family what is the use of protecting him from outsiders when your own family harmed him the most.

Jiang yanli didn't have an answer,she really don't know anything about this, yes wei ning is right she couldn't protect him at all , she really wanted to see her a'xian but she don't deserve him, her family don't deserve him, it's enough, her a'xian has his own life to live, one day she may see him but if the cultivation world found him now the history may repeat itself, it's time to leave him alone let time tell if they can meet again or not.

Jin zixuan: but...

He is stopped by yanli who nodded a no to him. Yanli looked at wen ning

Yanli: are you sure he will be happy in whatever place he is wei gongzi?

Wei ning: i am sure, they treat him like a prince. He is very happy.

Yanli: that's enough for me, if you need any help please don't hesitate to ask me wei gongzi, i will help you.

Wei ning is not angry with Jiang yanli, she is the only one who cared for him a little bit.. He thought it wouldn't hurt if they let her see Ying gege once , but he has to discuss this with his sister and Ying gege's parents first.

Wei ning: let me show you around then , you will be staying for a year here.

They all went to look around, not knowing a white robes kid who listened to everything.

Later wei ning sent a letter to wei qing and hua couple who agreed to his thoughts and decided they will bring him in the year end because hua Ying is still training, they can show him to yanli when she is about to leave so she can spend time with him but not too much and bai yue will be there at that time.

Dafen mountain:

Here in dafen mountain wei qing is anxious about Jiang yanli knowing whereabouts of hua Ying but she is assured Knowing how much his couple love and protect their son.

Lan fimei already sent the letter to her brothers about the identity of wei qing , lan shiqing wants to visit immediately but didn't want to grab the attention so, he thought to visit after the sect conference about to be held in wen clan. Both of them were surprised at how anxious lan xichen and lan qiren were when they got to know about the dafen wens identity, shiqing can understand them as they told him what happened.

The years sect conference was going to be very interesting indeed.

Thank you for reading,

Next up will be wen qing confronting the sect heirs,

Do you like brave and confident weining,

What do you think about yanli,

Please vote and comment