𝟐𝟑. ( all they needed. )

THE SILENCE WAS loud

THE SILENCE WAS loud. Very loud — almost deafening as Isabel watched as Jake slowly lowered his head, his tongue escaping his mouth to nervously lick his lips whilst he remained quiet, avoiding eye contact with her at all costs.

Was this his answer? Was this Jake Sim's way of saying they weren't anything? Had Isabel Park been stupid enough to think that maybe, just maybe, her and Jake could ever be something?

A scoff fell past Issy's parted lips and she shook her head in a mix of anger and annoyance. How could she of been so stupid?

"Shit..." The girl frustratingly whispered to herself while her hands quickly reached up and fiddled with the clasp of the necklace, attempting to desperately remove to jewelry from her. She felt like a complete and total fool.

However, as Issy focused her attention on unlinking the dainty hooks with tears beginning to blur her vision, her movements were put to an end as soon as Jake placed his hand against the side of her warm face, lifting her head up so their eyes could meet, before confidently crashing his full, red lips against her ones.

It felt as if the air had been sucked from Isabel's body as their mouths collided. She was more than shocked by his actions and couldn't quite comprehend what was unraveling as she sat on the edge of the pool with the brunette boy stood between her legs — however, she knew she liked it.

She liked pressing her lips against his and enjoyed the feeling of butterflies flying around in her stomach. It felt so surreal kissing her brothers best friend. It felt wrong but so right at the same time, and Isabel Park no longer cared if she'd have to deal with her brother's disapproval.

The girl was snatched from her trail of thoughts once the boy slowly pulled away, his head gently resting against her forehead as the sound of their heavy breathing consumed the back garden.

Neither of them uttered a word; their minds far too hazy for words to be able to jump from their tongues. It felt as if they were drunk off of one another (which they practically were), and as they sat in silence, thinking about the events that occurred, Jake slowly brushed his thumb across Issy's cheek, wiping away the tear that had (unknowingly) fallen.

"I wanna be with you so bad, Isabel," The older boy breathed out, his eyes not leaving her brown ones. "So bad." He repeated, shaking his head ever so slightly as desperation seeped through his eyes.

All Isabel could do was nod in acceptance as she brought her other hand up to delicately move a strand of his wet hair out of his face, fighting back a ear-to-ear grin that was threatening to show on her face.

"Okay." She agreed just above a whisper and without another thought, Jake and Issy hungrily clashed their lips together once again, craving the taste of one another.

It was almost as if they had been deprived of each other — which in a way, they had. They both didn't want to hurt Jay's feelings, and so they restricted themselves from one another no matter how bad they wanted to be in each other's arms.