𝟐𝟒. ( take the hint. )

IT SEEMED THAT Isabel was wrong — very wrong

Earlier on, when getting ready for Heeseung's end of Summer party, she was dreading it and even considered not going, debating on making up some lie to tell the boys that her period started and that she felt sick.

The constant worry that her brother would follow her around like a fly and taking the 'overprotective brother' role far too seriously just made her shoulders slump and her eyes roll. She'd been to many house parties with him before in the past and even then he was always making sure she was okay and restricting her freedom.

It wasn't that Isabel wasn't grateful to have someone care for her as much as he did, it only made her feel awful. She felt as if she was depriving Jay from enjoying himself to the full extent — so, when the group pulled up to the car-filled street and Jay told Jake and Sunghoon to keep a slight eye on his sister before being pulled away by a random girl, she couldn't help but feel relieved and shocked.

"Come on," The girl just about heard her best friend yell out to her over the music. "Let's go get drinks." He suggested, before Issy nodded her head in agreement and they weaved their way past plenty of intoxicated people.

Lee Heeseung's house was packed to the brim, flooding with people of all different ages, genders and races. The strong mix of scents of all kinds of alcoholic liquids and drugs were imprinted within the homes walls and carpets, and the loud, blaring sound of Heeseung's Spotify playlist boomed through the speakers that were nailed to the creme coloured walls. Disco lights danced through the rooms, brightly beaming through the windows and lighting up the front lawn, where some people sat around, taking gradual sips from the concoction in their red plastic cups. There were some people scattered out the back garden also, standing hazardously close to the lit up pool, just waiting to fall in.

It was rather easy to lose one another within the cramped home, and so that was why Issy kept a tight grip on the back of Niki's black, loosely fitted button up shirt, worried she'd lose her best friend in the flock of bodies. 

Once arriving at the station of drinks, Isabel's face immediately grimaced at the sight of the display of alcohol. It was quicker than ever that flashbacks from the last time she attended one of Heeseung's infamous parties appeared in her mind, and a wave of embarrassment consumed her body, causing her cheeks to tint pink as she remembered the drunken state she'd gotten herself into. 

She most definitely was not getting wasted tonight. 

After taking a small sip of the Gin and Tonic Niki eventually poured for her, her attention was quickly grasped by a short girl who approached the two best friends and instantly pulled the Nishimura boy in for a hug. 

Confusion quickly became apparent on Isabel's face as she watched as a wide grin shone on Niki's face as he hugged her back; the two conversing about how they thought they would never see one another again.