Chapter 13 - Q.B.

Y'all I saw the chapter picture and I genuinely started bawling someone give this poor boy a hug 😭 😭

Chapter Song Rec: My Ex's Best Friend by MGK and BlackBear

___________________

Miles's POV

___________________

Pretty

His eyes were on the back of your head as you walked in front of him, arm interlocked with Maria's, the two of you chatting along and laughing. He had his hands shoved deep into his pockets as he smiled, your grin lighting up your face and his own.

He couldn't help but stare.

The four of you had left the shocked mall as soon as you could, but as it had turned out, all of your parents were too busy to come pick you up at this point, not having expected you to be done so early. That meant you were all stuck walking along the side of the street, hoping to stumble across a McDonalds or a Walmart in the wild.

Miles jumped slightly as he felt Ravi nudge him in the gut, giving him a confused look. "Dude...you're drooling"

Miles immediately wiped his mouth, only to find that there was nothing, with Ravi quietly chuckling behind him. "Shut up." he mumbled, looking away embarrassedly. After a moment he found that his gaze had landed on you once again and he was back to staring.

"Talk to her or something. It's better than ogling."

"Nobody says 'ogling' anymore." Miles countered awkwardly, peeling his eyes off of you.

Ravi shrugged. "It's what you're doing."

"What would I even say?"

"Anything."

"Like what?"

"I'm not exactly who people come to when they want to learn how to talk to girls."

"I know how to talk to girls."

"Not this one."

Miles groaned, waving him off and shoving his hands in his pockets. What was he supposed to do? He didn't want to come off too strong and he didn't want to weird you out.

Why was he even making such a big deal out of this? He didn't like you or anything...did he?

"So, where are we heading guys?" Maria asked suddenly, turning back to face the boys with her arm still interlocked with yours. Ravi and Miles simultaneously shrugged only to be met with a scowl from her face. "I'm bored." she whined.

"We could go home?" You suggested. Miles looked up. His apartment was only a ten minute walk from here...they could probably get there. "Yeah. We could go to my place. It's close by."

"Sure. Should we watch a movie or something? Ravi?" Maria asked.

Ravi was looking down at his phone. "Yeah...count me out. My parents are here." He suddenly waved at a small, dark four-seater that was approaching the sidewalk. "I'll catch you guys some other time." He said with a smile, giving Miles a knowing look. Miles felt his face flush and immediately looked away. "Bye."

Maria waved and Miles watched as you gave Ravi a quick 'bye' as well before turning back to him. "And then there were three." Your eyes locked onto his and he felt his heart skip a beat. It was like time had slowed down.

"Okay then. Which way's your house, Miles?" Maria interrupted, causing him to look back at her suddenly. "Actually...I don't think this is a good idea anymore. My Mami won't be home and she'd kill me if she found out I had girls over when she wasn't there." he said quickly, not wanting to be alone with you with Ravi gone. "I think I'm gonna head out too."