🌸 [A Mother's Joy]

Narrator's POV:

As the first light of dawn painted the sky with hues of pink and gold, Shusuke woke up to the gentle melody of birds outside his window. He sighed before sitting up on his bed.

He glanced at the calendar that was placed on top of his neat study table, realising it his mother's birthday. He sighed again before a small smile forming on his face. He dropped the smile as soon as he realised that his mother's birthday won't be complete without his father who's never been home.

A knock was heard on the door causing him to stand up from his bed and head towards the door of his bedroom to open it. As soon as he opened it he got dragged by his sister who had a smile on her face.

"Sarada?" He called as he stopped his sister from dragging him. Sarada looked at her brother with a raised brow. "Don't tell me you forgot what today is?"

"I know what today is, it's just that I'm still on my pajamas." Shusuke informed as he crossed his arms over his chest which made Sarada frown. "We need to go to the market to buy the things we needed."

She said which made Shusuke sighed. "It's still early, and mom is off to work." He said as he turned around to walk away but Sarada stopped him by grabbing his shirt. "C'mon, we have to run some errands, we won't have enough time before dinner!" She reasons out which Shusuke just rolled his eyes.

"We have a lot of time but fine. Let me just get change." He said as he finally agreed but Sarada dragged him again to the front door. "No time for that, just wear your sandals and we're ready to go." She said as she puts on her sandals.

Shusuke mumbled some things before putting his sandals on. He wanted to change since he's still on his pajamas while his sister was fully dressed on with her usual clothes.

As they reached the busy streets of the Konoha, the twins parted ways to get the work done faster. Shusuke stared at the paper that his sister handed to him. He needed to buy flowers and his gift for his mother.

He just shrugged and walked towards a stall that sells dango. Meanwhile, Sarada on the other hand was checking every single bakery that has pink cake with pink flowers, but luck is not on her side since she can't find any of it.

She should've reserved a cake yesterday. While she's rushing through the streets she saw her brother standing Infront of a dango stall while eating a dango.

A tick mark appeared on Sarada's forehead as she walked to her brother. "Hey! Aren't you supposed to be buying flowers right now?! And I can't find a pink cake with pink flowers on."

Sarada said and was about to walk away but then Shusuke spoke. "Hey, we could just buy a another cake. Don't be specific with the cake." He suggested but Sarada still insists that the cake should be pink with pink flowers on it.

As Sarada left, Shusuke finished his dango and threw the stick on a trash can. He then thought that he should start find a pink flowers, as well as his gift for his mother.

He stuffed his hands inside his pockets and finds the store who sells flowers. As he entered the shop, a lady who had long blonde hair greeted him. "How many I help you, Shusuke?"

"Do you have a bouquet of pink flowers, Ms. Ino?" He asked as he approached the lady on the counter who's fixing a flower on a vase. "Oh, I'll check in the back." She smiled and left to check.

The boy just stood there as he scanned the shop. he noticed there's many beautiful vases around but one specific vase that caught his attention. It's a white vase.