Chapter 5

"W-what?!" Jerica spluttered.

Abcde inspected her wounds. "Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that," she said.

Darius' hair had started to get a little bit loose as well. He wanted to cry at the thought of losing his looks, even though he really had nothing to lose in the first place.

"I got bitten," she confessed.

"WHAT?!" Jerica screamed, dropping the 'unaliving implement' in shock. "HOW THE F*** WOULD YOU JUST 'FORGET' THAT?!"

"Yeah, so... turns out being a zombie is actually... wonderful," she explained. "I wanted you to experience the joy, so I had to bite you somehow. I decided to get Darius as well, so we could just give him some garlic so he'd disappear,"

"That's VAMPIRES, you useless b****!" Jerica snapped.

Abcde blushed. "Oh... really?" she said sheepishly.

Meanwhile, Darius had actually burst into tears, but not from sadness. He had found a mirror and decided that his baldness somehow made him more attractive. You... don't need to see a picture. Just trust me when I say, once again, that he had nothing to lose. That is, it had an effect on his appearance, but it was not a positive nor a negative one.

Abcde sighed. "Look, we can at least get out of this torturous bunker and start spreading the joy a bit. Wouldn't you want others to feel this way? Don't you wish people could discover our wonderful lifestyle?"

"Who are we, Jehovah's Witnesses?!"

"Um..."

Jerica took a deep breath. Focus on the positives, she told herself. She had her girlfriend back. She could get away from the useless creep who was currently trying to comb away all his hair.

"Oh, Darius," Abcde called. "We're over. And that's not going to help, at least a little bit will still remain no matter what,"

Darius didn't hear.

The pair sighed. Jerica looked inside herself and realised that being a zombie was like when you get out in dodgeball. All the stress is gone, and you can finally relax. She no longer had to worry about hiding from other zombies and being careful who you trust.

Smiling at her girlfriend, she took her hand. "Let's get out of here," she offered.

Abcde breathed a sigh of relief, smiling. "Let's get married, too,"