VI

It's really getting to me at this point. Days have been passing by in the blink of an eye and still nothing. I'm not even sure why it's bothering me this much. Even just acknowledging the fact that hearing nothing after this long is bothering me, is frustrating me to no end.

Three weeks now.

I have every right to be upset with him. He's the one in the wrong, yet it's very clear at this point that I'm being avoided. Since the four of us last went to the cafe together, we haven't heard a thing from him, which is odd considering he spent damn-near everyday with us.

I'm sitting in my desk, trying my best to focus on the white board in front of me—and my professor—who's continuing a lecture on the anatomy of sea life when I hear a crack. I soon realize that the sound came from the pen that I somehow bit down on so hard that it broke.

Jesus.

As if on instinct, I turn my head to my right to speak, but when I realize Ian isn't sitting there, I close my mouth and face forward again. Right, he isn't in this class.

I lean back in my seat, sighing as I try to absorb what I can from the lecture yet again.

This is really fucking annoying.

-

"Two more shots, Leo!" I sigh, rolling my eyes as I stand behind the bar, polishing an empty glass.

"You've had enough, Ian. Trust me. Also, this is where I work. What if I over-serve you and you cause trouble?" Ian scoffs, an arm over May's shoulder, who also seems to have a had more than enough to drink, pink staining her cheeks from the liquor.

"You won't get in trouble. It'd be my fault for drinking it." Ian says with a shrug and I raise an eyebrow.

"And my fault for serving it, no?" He lets out a dramatic groan.

"Fine. You always treat me like a child." Ian crosses his arms. I shake my head and chuckle.

"Only because you act like one." When I look up from the glass to look at him, he's pouting. "See?"

"Yeah, yeah." Ian moves his glass in a circle, watching as the liquid turns into a mini tornado inside of it. "Heard anything?" He asks, his eyes still fixated on the liquid natural disaster. I don't need to ask to know what he's talking about.

"I haven't. It doesn't matter anyway." Ian raises an eyebrow.

"Do you really think that?" I sigh in response to his question. It doesn't matter what I think. If he really wanted to explain himself, he would've.

"I'm not gonna drive myself crazy about it if there's no reason to. He doesn't wanna talk... so we won't." Ian looks serious as I say this, staring at me as if I might say something else. When it's clear that I won't, he shakes his head.

"I don't know, something doesn't seem right. He seemed pretty excited to see you again, and happy to have us as his new friends, but now it's like he's completely disappeared." As I'm about to say yet again that it doesn't matter, May speaks up.

"Well, it has happened before. I've told you guys he disappeared a while back. Maybe he has his reasons, but I'm sure this is a common thing with Beau." She says, head rested on her hand as she swirls her drink with her straw.

"Yeah," I say. "He's really good at that apparently. Disappearing." As I go to grab another glass to polish, it slips from my fingers due to the leftover moisture of being washed, crashing to floor.

"Good going." Ian laughs and I waste no time sending a glare his way. I sigh before squatting down and picking up the shards on the floor one by one.

"Shit!" I mutter, pulling my hand away as the glass nicks my hand. As I grab a towel from the bar in front of me, I soon realize it's a bit more than a nick.