Oh So Mr. Right

***Mr Right is ready to destroy everything for Anna. Who's better, her husband or Mr. Right?***

Anna POV:

Life's irony was cruel, and so deep its depths would never be known. I felt much better after a few days, but still, I wasn't allowed to leave, and I was given no reason why. I loved that I got to see Sera every day and didn't have to worry about where I was going to sleep, but life was incredibly boring in the hospital. I wanted to see what life was like outside of the boring hospital. Instead, I was kept in the same room every day like a caged animal.

I quickly became friends with all the nurses, yet Mr. Right never seemed to come out of the woodwork. I was in a major crash, and yet he never visited or checked up on me? It was weird.

"Why don't you ever go home? Surely you have a family or something?" I asked Isabella, who I was sitting with in one of their sleeping bunks, eager to do something but sit in my room.

"Well, yeah. I lived with my mom and dad before the virus. I miss them terribly. I also had a super cute boyfriend I haven't been able to see in like a week." She said with a foregone sigh, fantasizing about her boyfriend.

"Virus? What virus makes everyone stay here? Surely there's a vaccine?" I asked, trying to figure out how normal everyday life was. Was it normal to stay at hospitals regularly for viruses? I didn't feel like it was, but trying to figure out what was normal was always strange, and I found myself surprised at odd things. People could sit and watch their phones all day long and not get bored. I tried to do that with my phone, but it was mind-numbingly boring. Perhaps I was using it wrong, though.

"Well, not long after you got here, there was a new virus they decided to quarantine for. A SARS virus. It has a hundred percent mortality rate. Everyone's been freaking out, and everything in all of Chicago is shut down now. Some idiot gave it to his girlfriend at home before the quarantine, and it's spreading like wildfire." She explained that she was eating something called a Swiss roll and offered me one.

"I see. That sounds bad. Do you think I might have it? I feel sick a lot. Almost every morning, I feel sick." I said, more curious than worried.

She laughed, humored by my worry. "No. The first sign is a nosebleed. Then, the organs shut down. It is very bloody and very obvious and a fairly quick death. Twenty-four hours at most." She explained, amused.

I hummed, laying back on the uncomfortable bed, musing how ironic it would be to die from a virus after stressing so much about getting out of the hospital to live. It would be as if my life didn't exist at all, really, if I couldn't remember anything noteworthy.

A sharp thump broke me out of my thoughts. Only this was a thump in my stomach. The fuck. I had to be imagining it, and I shook my head, eating the next bite of the cake. There it was again, though. Real as the cake I was eating. I had been having loads of muscle spasms, but this was different. It was as if something inside was knocking to get out.

"I swear I just felt the weirdest thumping," I said, puzzled, running my hands over my stomach. It wasn't flat, but I had a baby and had just lost two others rather late in the game, so it wasn't unusual.

"Where?" Isabella asked curiously, drinking some soda. I pointed to the place on my lower stomach, and her eyes widened almost horrifiedly.

"What? Please don't tell me that's one of the signs of that SARS virus?" I said jokingly, but the way she gave me only a half-hearted smile wasn't very reassuring.

"I just remembered. I need to let Sarah know about some notes I forgot for one of our patients." She said in a way that led me to think that she was just point blank lying. I didn't push it not really caring to get into any of her personal drama and left for my room.