Chapter 15: It Feels Good

I winced as I pulled the blaring earbud out of my ear. The left side of my head ached terribly. Perhaps that was the result of sleeping with an earbud all night long. Or maybe that was because of how unexpectedly loud my alarm had sounded when it had gone off like that.

With my earbuds now laying harmlessly on the bed, the blaring alarm coming from them was only barely audible. It certainly wasn't anywhere near loud enough to be heard from outside of my bedroom.

I was almost stunned that my plan to wake up early had actually worked. And, with my alarm tied to my earbuds, I hadn't woken up my family either.

I yawned several times. It was another early morning for me. But, unlike when Chester had woken me up early yesterday, this time, it had at least been intentional. That didn't mean I wasn't going to feel the effects of less sleep, though. I had another long day of end-of-year tests, which I wasn't looking forward to in the least. Well, it wasn't so much the tests that I wasn't looking forward to, but what my report card would be saying when my parents checked my grades online later.

The hard part was over, at least. I was awake. I had plenty of time until I was actually supposed to be up for school. All I had to do now was to wet the bed intentionally.

The one good thing was that I did need to pee. It didn't matter that I'd had less to drink yesterday or that I'd used the toilet right before getting into bed. A nearly full night of sleep was still enough for my bladder to fill up again.

The need to go wasn't super urgent. I likely wouldn't have had an issue with going back to sleep and waiting to use the toilet when getting up for school at a normal time.

I remained under my covers as I rolled over to lie flat on my stomach. The noise of the bed crinkling beneath me served as a reminder of last night's conversation with my parents and the mattress swap afterward.

For a few brief, wonderful moments last night, I had thought that I had managed to convince my parents to get pull-ups, but for whatever reason, they seemed to think this was a better way to manage my bedwetting, at least for now. I had to remind myself that I had only begun the bedwetting plan on Friday evening, and it was now Wednesday morning. Not even a week had passed. I had to admit that it wasn't reasonable to expect pull-ups that quickly.

This new mattress had come as a complete surprise. That didn't mean there weren't some obvious benefits to the waterproof mattress. I wouldn't have to work so hard to clean things up after an accident. No need to go and grab paper towels, cleaning sprays, and baking soda. I wouldn't have to feel guilty about possibly ruining my mattress.

It also meant that it wouldn't matter if the accident wasn't cleaned up immediately. There wouldn't be any worries about the urine soaking into the mattress, to the point of being impossible to get rid of the smell and stains.

I suspected that it wouldn't be likely that I'd be able to fall back to sleep afterward, but I could at least feign sleep until Mom came to wake me up. I wasn't looking forward to her seeing the result of the bedwetting – I had at least avoided having her witness my wet pajamas since that first fake bedwetting accident on Friday evening.

I had to make sure the accident looked natural. It was one thing for Mom or Grace to see my wet bed in the middle of the night, when they were probably groggy and their faculties may not be fully working. It was something else in the bright morning light.

The easiest way to do that would be to actually pee myself while lying down this time, rather than while lying down in bed, but to do that, I would need to get past whatever mental block had been making it difficult for me to urinate while my bottom wasn't hovering over a toilet.