The beginning

Ayanokoji pov:

The school entrance ceremony was fast approaching. I rode the bus to school, shackling in my seat. While looking idly out my window, watching the city's scenery change, the bus picked up more and more passengers.
Most of them were young people wearing high school uniforms.
There was also a frustrated salary worker who looked like the type to have once mistakenly groped someone aboard a crowded bus. An unsteady elderly lady stood in front of me, wobbling so badly that I thought she was in danger of falling. Considering I'd known how packed this bus would likely be, I supposed I was simply reaping what I'd sown by getting on.

Luckily for me, I was fortunate to have found a seat, but even so, it was still crowded. I forgot about the unfortunate elderly woman and patiently waited to arrive at my destination, my mind clear as a passing stream. The weather was especially fine today; there was not a single cloud in the sky. It was so refreshing that I nearly fell asleep then and there.
However, my response was obliterated.

"Excuse me, but shouldn't you give up your seat?"

My eye's winded as I thought this might have been aimed at me, but I soon realised that it wasn't me but someone else.

A young, well-built blond man of high school age had sat down in one of the priority seats. The elderly woman stood right next to him, and another woman stood beside her. This second, younger lady appeared to be an office worker.

"Hey you there. Can't you see that this elderly woman is having trouble?" The office lady said.

It seems she wants the young man to move and give up his seat.

"That's a really crazy question, lady."
the boy said. As he grinned broadly and crossed
"Why should I have to offer up my seat?"

"You're sitting in a priority seat. It's natural
to offer up your seat to the elderly."

"I don't understand. Priority seats are just that: priority seats. I have no legal obligation to move. Since I'm currently occupying this seat, I should be the one who determines whether or not I move. Am I supposed to give up my seat just because I'm young? Ha! That reasoning is nonsense."

He didn't speak like a normal high school student. His hair was dyed blond, which made him stand out.
"I'm a healthy young person who certainly wouldn't find standing inconvenient. However, I'd obviously expend more energy by standing than I would by sitting. I have no intention of doing such a pointless thing. Or are you suggesting I should act a bit livelier, I wonder?"

"What kind of attitude is that to take with your superiors? She demanded.

However, before any more words could be exchanged, a stunning blond girl made her presence known, she tried interfering in the conference, and it seemed as if she was defending the elderly girl. She was also wearing a school uniform.

"Um..... I think that the lady is right."
She said, glaring at the blond boy.

"And the new challenger is a pretty girl, eh? It would seem that I'm rather lucky with the fairer sex," the boy said.

"This poor woman appears to have been suffering for quite some time now. Won't you offer up your seat? While you might consider such courtesy unnecessary, I think it would contribute greatly to society."