²³ ; the truth

NOT MUCH LATER, you finally arrive at the courthouse

NOT MUCH LATER, you finally arrive at the courthouse. Frantically, you begin to ask around about the whereabouts of the outsiders. Many didn't know, but one pointed out the direction of where they went. With haste, you follow where the fellow angel's words lead. There, you turned the corner to see Vaggie, Charlie and Emily.

You didn't have much time to feel the relief, the meeting would start soon. And so, you flew over.
"[Y/N], I was just about to come get you," Emily smiled as she waved you over. "Since you're here, I'm gonna join Sera. I'll see you guys soon!"

With different versions of "Goodbyes", she departed, walking through the hall you just rushed through. "Charlie, Vaggie. Can I talk to you?" you ask, out of breath.

Vaggie seemed out of it— lost in thought. Has something happened? Charlie was the one to reply. "We go in soon, can it wait?" she asked, trying not to sound rude or to dismiss you. She merely wanted to know the urgency.

"No, no, it can't wait. Listen, there's something I haven't told you, about why I arrived in hell—"

Before you could continue, a sleeved arm wrapped around your shoulder and brought you closer to the owner. Their body was tall, and you look at the arm to notice that it belong to no other than Adam. "Hey, hey, hey! Babes, what are you doing? You're supposed to be sitting with me and danger tits already."

"What? No!" you exclaimed as you tried to push him off. "Charlie, I—"

Lute appeared in front of you, a stare so cold it sent shivers down your spine. You forgot how scary she is without her mask. Her arms were crossed, blocking you from Charlie and Vaggie. The glare was a warning. "I think you should help us get ready. Come on." Her voice was demanding. She wasn't gonna budge. Of course they want to be the ones to tell Charlie and Vaggie to make you seem like a bad guy. They wanted to beat you to it.

But you didn't care. You were about to just tell Charlie, but the said blonde only shuffled next to you, avoiding the exorcist in front of you. "Hiii again... I remember you from our first meeting!" she tried to ease the tension. Silence. There was a nervous chuckle. "Ooookayy... well, [Y/N], whatever you have to say can wait until the end of the meeting," she said as she held Vaggie's hand, who still seemed distressed, and dragged her to the corner you just turned from.

"We'll see you soon, kay?" she asked with a smile before her and Vaggie disappeared behind the corner. You were about to step forward past Adam to object and counter once again, but Lute wrapped her hand around your mouth, immediately shutting in any sound that tried to escape. Her sharp gaze met Adam as they had a silent agreement. Adam peeked his head over the corner, watching the two citizens of hell walk off until they exited the room completely. He gave a nod to Lute, and she let you go with a small shove, you letting out a gasp for air.