⁰¹ ; another way

IT HAS BEEN ONE WEEK since the battle between the hotel and the exorcists

IT HAS BEEN ONE WEEK since the battle between the hotel and the exorcists. Things were still being cleaned up, the inhabitants had to get new clothing and furniture for themselves. For the most part, things were going back to normal.

For the most part.

[Y/N] was sitting alone in a dark room on a circular bed, legs hugged to her chest. The room belonged to the late Sir Pentious. All around her was him— she smelled him, saw him, felt him. Each time she blinked she could only see his face and replay the memories she had with him. Despite missing him so, she was unsure of her feelings. Yes, he kissed her, one of the last things he did before he died was kiss her. Why would that be the last thing he did? Why torture her like that? She could have stopped him. If only she wasn't weak, if only she didn't get injured.

His death replayed in her mind over and over again. It was haunting, unbearable. It stung. A lingering poison of pure guilt and shame consumed her. Her lidded [E/C] eyes had lost its sparkle— it was replaced with a looming shadow that casted to make her seem... emotionless, exhausted, deprived.

"[Y/N]?" a voice called out behind her. Startled, she turns to fix her gaze on a winged feminine figure, Vaggie. She was dressed in her pajamas, a short, white, and sleeveless sleeping dress. Her hair was down without the bow and her one eye scans the other fallen angel with concern. "Hey, it's 2 in the morning. You should get some sleep."

"Oh, is it? I've been here that long?"  [Y/N] forces a chuckle before turning her body completely to face Vaggie, maneuvering her biotic, metal wings to make the movement easier. "I'll head to my room soon, I just..." She trails off, her eyes sliding to the side to look at the room around her. The unfinished sentence lingers in the air, and suddenly it became hard for [Y/N] to breathe. Choking on her own sorrow, her eyes began to swell just like they have without fail each day since Pentious' passing.

Soon, tears began to escape the prison that was [Y/N]'s glossy eyes and caressed her [S/C] cheeks, leaving shiny trails behind as they fall to her chin.
"Oh, [Y/N]," Vaggie muttered gently as she made her way to the girl on Pentious' bed. She climbed onto said bed, and then wrapped her arms and wings around the sobbing girl, the embrace making her sob even more. "Shhh, I know, it's okay."

"Vaggie, I don't know what to do with myself," [Y/N] softly gasps between words. "Every time I close my eyes, I just see him. I can't help but feel like I could have done something, that I could have—"

"Hey." Vaggie's sudden change in tone shook [Y/N] to her core. Soon, the embrace was broken, Vaggie still holding onto her shoulders. "None of this is your fault. What Adam did was not your fault. There wasn't anything you could do, Pen had already set his mind on sacrificing himself."