²⁴ ; sisters

A POOL OF BLOOD soaked the carpet below still bodies

A POOL OF BLOOD soaked the carpet below still bodies. Different pictures hung on the pink walls, a family doing different activities in different places; there were two girls,— one seemingly a teenager, the other only an adolescent. Their smiles outshined the dullness of their parents' faces, who only store at the camera almost emotionlessly.

The flashing blue and red lights from outside filled the room through the window. The smaller girl from the pictures, now more older than when the pictures were taken, sat in a police car with a blank stare and a white cloth blanket wrapped around her shoulders. It was only until she saw the paramedics exit the familiar house from the corner of her eye did she look out the car's window.

Her heart dropped as she saw two of them carry out a body mostly wrapped in a white cloth on a gurney. Only the head was uncovered. She exited the car to get a better look, hoping— praying it wasn't who she was thinking about. The police officer that the car belonged to was guarding the car patiently until he saw the girl begin walking closer to the medical works. With haste, he put an arm around her to stop her. "Hey, little miss. Not too close. Could you get back in the car please?"

She only spared him a quick glance before the paramedics passed by the two of them. An uneasy feeling washed over her as she saw the familiar face— Ezra, the ex of her older sister. He was the reason this all happened. After the disgust of seeing a dead body, it quickly was washed out by relief. And she was about to follow the officer's instructions until she saw two more workers leave the house.

It was another gurney. With another body. The feeling of relief left as fast as it came. Everything suddenly went into slow motion, the flashing lights, the urgent walks, the pushing of the officer. She didn't need more than a second to recognize the face of the second body— her sister, unmoving and unresponsive on the moving bed with wheels. Her eyes immediately swelled with tears as she wasted no time in pushing away the officer and running towards the ambulance her sister was being put into.

The main investigators of her case saw her and caught her just in time, ignoring her screaming and her sobs as she desperately tried to get to her sister.

"[Y/N]!" she began, trying to rip herself away from the man hands that constrained her and was pushing her back to the police car.

"[Y/N], please wake up!"

🝮

Emily was never supposed to be down on Earth that night, but she couldn't help it. Her curiosity and hyper fixation on any creature that wasn't the same old angels lead her to sneak out from Heaven's gates, into the mortal realm. Of course, she did this when both her realm and the one she was in was night time, just so it was easier to not get caught.