Chapter 8

Aries Cooney stayed in Portland until nightfall. And then the first thing Aries did was steal a car, although she didn't steal a stranger's car. She stole Nancy's car. She knew she never locked her car. And she knew where she lived so when she came back from work, walked inside her apartment, Aries opened the door to her car, found the spare key under the mat of the passenger side and turned the car on.

The second thing she did was buy a pair of scissors and hair dye. And it was then, while she was cutting and dying her hair for the second time inside a gas satiation that something occurred to her. She still had Dean's spoon. And when she realized this, she almost laughed remembering three months ago. She had posed as waitress and stolen the spoons Sam and Dean used. She had used Sam's but she still had Dean's.

She walked out of the gas station, with her hair now cropped as a pixie and her hair the color of cherries. She drove outside of Portland without any sense of where she was really going or what her end goal was. She stopped an hour later at an abandoned building. She stared at the building from inside the car, the darkness which she once took comfort in, making her shiver. She turned the ignition off and grabbed her bag from the passenger's side.

She walked with her bag in hand towards the abandoned building. She grabbed the ingredients from inside her bag and the spoon. She mixed the ingredients as best she could as she didn't have a bowl. She threw the spoon with the ingredients, creating a loud explosion. She sucked in her breath and closed her eyes.

When she opened her eyes again she wasn't at the abandoned building anymore. She was somewhere dark, perhaps an alleyway. She heard the sound of footsteps but she stood motionless. She was here and she was there. She needed to remember that they could see her. But luckily the darkness hid her. She heard a grunt and turned towards the noise.

"Let's just get this over with and kill this crazy son of a bitch," he said. Aries stood a little straighter. Dean. And as they moved in the darkness, she saw Sam holding on to a gun, holding it in front of him. "Where's a good place to eat?"

"I don't know how you can even think about eating right now." Sam said. Dean said nothing and then their guns went off, each firing one bullet. And then they began to walk again. Aries wondered what the hell was happening. But she said nothing.

"Well if that wasn't the easiest job I don't know what was. Anyway, the food, Sammy, the food! Where's a good place to eat? Did you look at the reviews like I asked you to?" He asked.

"I am not your secretary," he said. He cleared his throat. "And yeah, I did. It's some place called Cheyenne's steak house."

"I don't want to eat steak—" he began.

"I'm sure they have some other foods, Dean."

Aries saw them get inside their car, talking. Sam mentioned something about a salad they made and Dean said, gross. They drove away and Aries closed her eyes. When she opened her eyes she was back in the abandoned building. She typed in her phone, Cheyenne's steak house. An address appeared. It was a steak house in Wyoming.

She jogged back to her car and searched how long it would take to arrive there: fifteen hours. She tossed her bag on the passenger side, turned the ignition on and began to drive. Maybe they'd have something to eat and then they would go somewhere. By the time she arrived there they wouldn't be there anymore. But at least then she'd have a general idea of where they were.

Fifteen hours passed slowly. She had time to think and questioned what she was doing. Why was she coming back to Sam? And the answer was complicated. So she answered her own question the best she could, she needed him, she needed to know there was someone there to help her while she gathered her thoughts and planned something out.