Chapter 1: The Encounter In The Darkening Twilight

As my consciousness began to awaken, the world around me transformed with each resounding thud that shattered the silence of time. Without warning, I found myself ensnared in different scenes, each unfolding alongside the echoing thuds.

The first thud. I was greeted by the cheerful cheers of friends during break time, their voices blending into a pleasant melody in my ears.

Then, a glimmer of light dazzled my eyes, second thud came, transporting me to a vast meadow surrounded by the serene tranquility of nature and the refreshing scent of grass.

As the third thud reverberated, I found myself thrust into a daunting battlefield, where the thunderous clash of swords and the cheers of spectators filled the air with a blend of excitement and fear.

Yet, as the final thud faded away, my consciousness slowly permeated my body, and I found myself vaguely hearing someone's faint voice.

"Hey, hello... are you alright?"

Sensations began to stir within me. However, my consciousness was still not fully restored.

"Hello..." a girl's voice echoed in my ears once more.

With all my strength, I endeavored to gather every shard of my consciousness scattered in the depths of my mind, some trapped at the ocean's trench, and others drifting among the endless stars.

"Ah, just a little more..." my consciousness whispered to my mind.

"Come on, let me open my eyes."

Suddenly, my body was engulfed in excruciating pain, as if tiny ants were crawling through every vein, yet slowly my consciousness began to return.

Gradually, I opened my eyes, and before me stood a young girl in peculiar attire, adorned with finger guards, arm guards, a bow, arrows, and other gear, while her radiant eyes gazed at me.

"Oh, you're awake... thank goodness," the girl said.

Startled by her appearance, my energy surged back, and I quickly leaped backward in fear, urging her to stay away.

"Don't come near me, stay away," I shouted with all my might.

The girl laughed, then quipped, "Come on, I guess you're still not fully awake...."

Attempting to grasp her words, I slowly began to feel a difference in my body. My steps now felt heavy.

Slowly, I started to observe the lower part of my body, clad in armor, complete with a shield on my back and a sword neatly tucked into my left hip belt.

Still baffled by what was happening, I realized the girl was now right in front of me. "This is your helmet. I took it off earlier so you could breathe better."

"Thank you," the words slipped from my lips unexpectedly.

"May I ask, where are we? I hardly remember what happened before this," I inquired.