Chapter 7: The Mastery's Path - Training and Bonds

The sun shone ever brighter, casting its warm brilliance upon the training grounds

The sun shone ever brighter, casting its warm brilliance upon the training grounds. Its rays pierced through the canopy of trees, creating dancing patterns of light upon the ground. Slowly, young warriors like us began to fill the training area, our steps firm and spirited.

From a distance, I heard the deafening sound of a whistle cutting through the morning tranquility. I still couldn't ascertain the source of the piercing noise, but it was definitely disruptive and loud enough to shatter my peace.However, I could see a figure making their way onto the training ground. And... it was our barracks guard, accompanied by two others clad in full armor!"Is he going to be our trainer? And who are those two following him?" I asked Orion."Yes, he doubles as the barracks guard and the trainer for sector 3. He's Sir Gunter Falkenkrieger. And those two are our seniors from sector 2, they'll assist Sir Gunter in overseeing our training," Orion explained.It was truly daunting... someone as stern and relentless as Sir Gunter alone was enough, and now there were two more to oversee. How much worse could this get? This wasn't training, it was going to be hell."Silence, all of you. No one is allowed to speak. Training will begin shortly. Listen to me," Sir Gunter shouted."Oh, before I forget... You there, Hector, step forward and introduce yourself," Sir Gunter said loudly, pointing at me.All eyes immediately turned to me. Oh dear, at a time like this, I have to introduce myself. Someone like me, always stage fright... this is a nightmare! What will I say? Can I stand tall and confidently introduce myself to them all? Will they judge me? I was caught in a whirlwind of anxiety when Sir Gunter's booming voice suddenly echoed.

"How much longer are you going to stand there? Are you going to stand frozen in place all day and make me wait for you to introduce yourself? I don't need warriors like that, understand? I didn't say I would punish you, I just said step forward and introduce yourself. Is that too much to ask? What will become of you when facing the enemy on the battlefield? Will you stand still and let them draw their swords on you, and your blood spill in vain?" Sir Gunter yelled angrily, his face flushing red.Orion nudged me. "Step forward, or it'll get worse," Orion whispered. I agreed, slowly gathering the courage to step forward and take my place beside Sir Gunter."I apologize for making you angry earlier, Sir Gunter," I turned my body 90 degrees and bowed apologetically to Sir Gunter before starting my introduction. Sir Gunter responded briefly, "I'll forgive you this time, start introducing yourself. Don't waste precious time with unnecessary things!"I nodded and began to introduce myself."Good morning, my fellow comrades-in-arms. I am Hector, a newly joined warrior in this team. I know that I'm not proficient in many things, so I seek your help and guidance in the days to come."I immediately bowed respectfully after finishing my brief introduction. Silence... there was no sound, no welcoming, nothing happened.

Slowly, I raised my head and found all the warriors in front of me standing still, expressionless. Orion nodded slightly and gestured his eyes to the left, but I didn't understand his signal."Are you going to stand here for long? Should I tell you when you're done introducing yourself to return to the ranks? Stop making me look foolish," Sir Gunter shouted without even looking at me, still glaring straight ahead.I quickly apologized and returned to the ranks. What's up with this old man, I thought to myself. Can't he let me return to the ranks more graciously? Who can understand what's on his mind, am I a mind reader or something? I continued to grumble inwardly.Orion nudged me again, then whispered with a small smile, "Forget about it, Hector. I used to be like that too. He seems fierce, but his heart is soft."I nodded in understanding. "Listen up, all of you. Since we now have a new recruit in this sector, I'm going to announce the formation of new groups. 35 warriors, divided into 7 groups, each consisting of 5 people. Team A, Team B, Team C, Team D, and Team E. Now both knights behind me will read out the roster for each group," Sir Gunter explained."Alright, I'll read out the roster for Group A. Alexandros, Kostas, Georgios, Manolis, Ilias. Now for Group B. Konstantinos, Leonidas, Nikolaos, Hephaestus, Stavros. For the names I've called out, please form your group formation immediately," the knight standing behind Sir Gunter on the left said."Alright. Now I'll read out the roster for Groups C, D, E. Group C. Theodoros, Andreas, Hector, Dionysios, Orion. Group D. Evangelos, Ioannis, Kyriakos, Odysseus, Spyridon. Group E. Themistoklis, Vasilios, Zephyros, Athanasios, Charalampos. That's it, please form your group formations as instructed," the knight standing behind Sir Gunter on the right said.Suddenly, I realized something. That sound... the sound I just heard, was a familiar one. It felt like I had just heard it, soft yet firm.