Chapter 4 : The Night's Trial: Friendship and Struggle Beneath The Stars

In the quiet of the increasingly late night, the sounds of crickets and the ticking of the wall clock grew more audible. However, the thick aura of tension and panic that was once palpable began to subside. The beautiful archer girl who had previously fainted, named Val, started to open her eyes.

"Val, are you awake? Thank goodness," I exclaimed anxiously, holding Val's hand tightly, which felt slightly cold.

Outside, a tumult of tearful relief echoed, indicating concern from various people for Val. The clan leader who had been waiting outside along with Orion immediately exclaimed, "The girl has regained consciousness. We need to summon a nurse from the adjacent tent. Nurse... nurse... the girl in treatment tent 2 has awakened." The man quickly rushed to the first tent and requested the nurse to promptly check Val's condition.

"Hector? Where am I...," Val weakly asked, her voice filled with determination demanding answers as she tried to turn her body.

"We're in the treatment tent. You fainted earlier. Don't force yourself, you still need to rest," I said, adjusting Val's blanket and pillow.

The medical staff promptly entered and began examining Val's condition.

"Her condition is stable now. Let her rest here tonight, and she can go home tomorrow morning," one of them said.

"Okay, thank you," I replied quickly without taking my eyes off Val.

A minute later, Val suddenly rose from the bed with strength, her eyes widened, asking with panic and concern, "Hyperion, Hyperion, where is he? Is he okay?"

I poured some water into a glass and handed it to Val, then said, "Drink some, wet your lips, you must be thirsty. Yes, he's fine. He's in the next tent, his wound is a bit serious, so he might need longer treatment..."

Val fell silent for a moment, then her pale lips began to tremble, tears started to fall from her eyes. "This is all my fault. Wherever I go, I just keep bringing misfortune to those I encounter," she said softly, continuing to blame herself.

I knelt before Val, then said firmly, "Val, look at me. Don't bow down, look at me!"

Val slowly raised her head to look at me, still shedding tears. Gently, I wiped her tears away, hugging her and saying, "Listen Val, stop blaming yourself for everything that has happened. Why do you blame yourself for an accident that occurred while you were trying to protect your friend? If anything, without you, the situation would have been worse. And about Hyperion... Of course, his injury has nothing to do with you, because he himself decided to protect you. You shouldn't blame yourself for everything that happened," I paused for a moment, feeling ashamed and unworthy of the words I spoke, then continued, "stop crying, and don't make the man in front of you feel so guilty."

Slowly, the emotional tears began to cease. Like rain gradually subsiding and the sky beginning to reveal its beautiful colors, a smile started to blossom on her pale face. Yes, her smile was like a rainbow, faintly shining and illuminating the sky, reflecting the struggle and newfound courage that emerged after the stormy night passed.