Chapter 3: The Girl of Suffering

The tense night, engulfed in raging flames of anger, reached its climax. Yet, suddenly, the prevailing atmosphere shifted as a voice, soft yet resolute, resonated through the stillness of the night.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah.... you rude knights. Have you not learned proper manners when addressing a lady or a girl, even if she's a warrior?" a knight clad in armor retorted from the back corner of the bar.

"Shut up, we are not dealing with you," replied some of them.

"Well, perhaps, but you are causing trouble for my friend, and I cannot let that slide," the man declared.

"Hyperion? Is that you?" Val exclaimed with a hint of surprise.

"Oh, hi Val. Long time no see, just like you, I've only returned recently, last night actually. It's fortunate to meet you again. And it's also fortunate that I can teach these folks a lesson," Hyperion replied.

Without hesitation, he leaped onto one of the still-standing tables, poised himself, drew his sword from its scabbard, and prepared to attack them.

"Are you willing to correct your behavior and promise not to be rude again, especially to this lady?" he asked, his gaze piercing.

"Who are you? We'll never submit to anyone, including arrogant warriors like you," one of them from the front retorted.

"Very well, if that's what you want," he said curtly.

He took three small steps back, approaching the edge of the table, then leaped forward, and in a flash of light, he slashed the abdomen of ten among the group with his sharp sword, piercing through their armor and causing them severe injuries.

"Damn, who's this strong knight guy daring to mess with us?" one of them exclaimed upon seeing their comrades injured.

"Come on, are you going to retract your words now? Or does anyone else want to fight me again?" Hyperion challenged.

"Stop," Val cried out, "please stop."

"Val, calm down, don't worry, people like them need to be taught a lesson," Hyperion replied.