Chapter 2: Luck and Death!

He gasped for the air as his lungs were filled with nothing but his own urge to scream.

The scenery, the setting and even the place where the sun shined itself were same.

"Hey, kid, ya buying something or not?" Again this green haired man asked the very first thing Makoto heard when they first met.

He wasn't sure what was going on but looking at his stomach being completely fine he remembered some past events. His face paled on realization of what happened to him as without even a notice to the fruit seller he sprinted towards the bar where he saw a strange woman.

His thoughts were various and all of them in fact varied from one another.

The room was too dark so he wasn't able to recognize his attacker but one thing was sure, it was a woman, a woman with a swift and calm voice with shining violet eyes, at least that's what he seemed to remember.

His face was pale in the thought of her daggers entering his body while she herself tasting his blood, but what was even more strange was the fact that his wounds were now okay.

In the rush of things he was just blindly running, and running and running until he wouldn't reach his destination.

And at long last he at least managed to get here.

The very same bar with the very same wooden door and the booze smell.

Makoto Naegi was anything but a courageous person but even he, when his friends were in need, didn't fall so low as to not help them.

*Knock Knock*

He vigorously knocked onto the door anticipating an answer.

"Who is it!?"

A sudden grumpy voice of an elder entered his ears as he was sure that he was talking to someone more than his own age.

"I am looking for Felt, I heard she has the insignia with herself and I can find her here."

"..."

There seemed to be no answer at first but than the luckster heard the door unlock before him as he was met by the giant old man with tanned skin and white eyebrows.

His eyes were narrowed and just by looking at them Makoto was sure that he was looking at a man who knows his deal, frankly at pro of some sorts.

"So, what business you came here for?"

Although the old man's tone was suspicious, one glance at the said Luckster made him to lower his guard as just by look it was sure that Makoto was pretty much of a harmless person.

They boy himself was also taken aback by the Old-man's appearance as he never saw someone this huge before, he was at least 2 meters long!

Entering the bar they both sat on their respective places as the man narrowed his eyes again.

"The negotiations would happen here so all we have to do is wait for Felt, but despite this, what can someone like you give to Felt as a payment for the insignia she stole?"

Makoto seriously had no idea as just shrugged his hands.

"A-Actually...I don't know." He said with a sweat roll down his forehead.

...

The giant gave Makoto no answer as just calmly gulped his booze.

"Your suit fits your attitude, rich brat."

Again with that, Makoto just sighed at people confusing him for some kind of aristocrat because of these clothes he was wearing at the moment if all he was just a simple guy.