2

Nivea's POV:

I woke up to the sounds of pots hitting the kitchen floor.

"Zion!!!" I heard Bianca scream.

I opened my eyes and hurriedly jumped off of the bed. I opened the door to the guest room and made my way to the source of the noise.

The sounds of little footsteps sprinting in my direction stopped me in my tracks and my godson's tiny body crashed into my feet.

He held onto my feet for dear life while looking behind him to see if his mother was coming.

"Zion is what yuh do now?" I asked lifting him in my arms.

He didn't say a word and only buried his face into my neck.

"Yuh think she can save yuh?" An angry Bianca said before trying to pull Zion away from me.

"Oi oiii mine yuh hurt him enuh!" I shouted before bringing Zion back to me.

Bianca shot me a glare before storming off.

She'll get over it.

I heaved a sigh then brought my attention to Zion.

"Don't worry, she can't do yuh nothing." I told him.

He removed his head from the crook of my neck then looked to see if his mother was really gone. She was.

"Zion." I said bringing his attention to me.

He stared at me with his bright eyes.

"You must stop give mommy suh much trouble enuh. Yuh want she beat yuh?" I asked him.

"N-no aunty" He said tears running down his cheeks.

"So why yuh nuh behave yuhself?" I asked him.

He didn't respond but continued to cry. I stooped down to his height and wiped his tears. I shift his twists and  kissed his forehead then told him to go and apologize to his mom. He wiped his nose then gave me a hug.

Look how di bwoy come rub up him boogu pon mi.

  After Zion had disappeared around the corner I made my way to the bathroom. I completed my morning routine and had a shower.

When I had finished I went back to the guest room then changed into my clothes. I picked up my phone and made a mental note to call Zariann to check on her.

If yuh did gah yuh yard last night yuh wouldn't affi check pon har.

I rolled my eyes and made my way to the kitchen.

"Yuh food inna di microwave." Bianca said when I entered the kitchen.

"Thanks."

I removed the food from the microwave and sat around the table to eat.

"Should a drop likkle rat poison in deh." She mumbled while walking past me.

"Should a dweet an see if mi nuh haunt yuh baxide." I responded.

She laughed then placed her and Zion's plate in the sink.

"A wah time yah guh ova yard?" She asked.

"Afta mi done eat. A wapm?" I asked.

"Can keep Zion fi mi? Mi wah guh run some errands and I don't think I can manage him on the road right now." She said.

I nodded my head since my mouth was filled with food.

A good while after I finished eating I packed my belongings and ensured zion had his.

Love e likkle troublemaker enuh.

Bianca took up her keys and we made our way to the vehicle.

I strapped Zion in his carseat and we drove off.

A few hours later Zion and I were sprawled across the setee while watching the cartoon Bluey.

"Mom!" He screamed as the intro played.

I giggled at his antics and sang with him.

In the middle of our singing my phone began to ring. I looked at the caller ID and realized that it was an unknown caller.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello. Is this Nivea Lee?" A feminine voice responded.

"This is she."

"Good afternoon Miss Lee. I'm Samaya, the secretary at Hillside Preparatory." She began.

"I called to inform you that you have successfully acquired the position as a guidance counselor at the institution. Your interview was outstanding and it is with great enthusiasm that we welcome you as a new member of staff."

I jumped from my position and let out an excited scream.

"A wapm?" Zariann asked sprinting into living room.

"Thank you so much." I replied to Samaya.

"You're most welcome Miss Lee. You will meet with the principal on Monday and she will explain further details. Do have a lovely day." She finished.

I hung up the phone and released another scream.

"A wapm to dah pickney yah man? Yah get off!?" Zariann asked with an angry expression.

"Mi get e job Zari!" I said jumping up and down.

"Rahtid." She said.

She joined me in jumping up and down.

"No man mi affi guh tell mummy diss." She said referring to our grandmother.

I continued to do my happy dance while she hurriedly went to retrieve her phone.

When she returned our grandma was already on face time.

"A wapm mek she a gwan suh?" She asked Zariann.

"Nuh di people dem from Hillside juss call har an tell har seh she get e job man." Zariann said.

"Thank yuh jesus!" Grandma shouted and we laughed at her antics.

The next hours flew by quickly and we spent them cooking and eating dinner. In the middle of eating, Bianca came to collect Zion and we sent him home with extra food and juice.

Now I was laid across my bed trying to fall asleep.

I closed my eyes and felt myself begin to drift into the land of dreams.

You make me wanna run run run
Heart beat racing like a drum drum drum

I hissed my teeth and put my pillow over my head waiting for the ring tone to finish.

As soon as it stopped it began to ring again. I hissed my teeth and picked up my phone. I answered without opening my eyes then put it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Suh how yah ansa mi suh strong?" The familiar male voice said.

My eyes shot open and I stared at the caller ID.

'Azriel'.

I shifted my eyes to look at the time and saw that it was well after one in the morning.

Suh sleep nuh keep again?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/n: Wah gwan my side? What did we think of this chapter??