3

Nivea's POV

"Yuh think this look good?" I asked Azriel on face time.

We had been getting to know each other going on two weeks now and it has been one week since I started my job at Hillside.

I learned bits about his childhood and discovered that he was a mama's boy.

Nothing too drastic.

"Yea man. It can gwan." He replied.

I hissed my teeth.

"Mah find something else fi wear." I told him.

"Why? Mi nuh juss tell yuh seh it can gwan?" He asked.
"Mi nuh wah 'it can gwan' Azriel. Mi wah know if mi look good or not." I said frustrated.

"Ah. It look good Veya. Batty cock up inna di skirt an titty dem stiff inna di blouse. A man could a put yuh pon a nice-"

Veya?

Nuh dat a di nickname him gi mi.

"Alright alright. Mi get it." I said cutting him off.

I went for my handbag and ensured all my necessities were inside then I put it over my shoulder.

I went back towards the phone and told Azriel that I'd be leaving now, then I hung up.

I picked up my housekey and left to look taxi.

When I arrived at Hillside it was 7:15.

Fifteen minutes later than my usual timing but mi nuh fussy.

I walked to my office and made myself comfortable around my desk.
I placed my bag beside the school's computer then looked at my timetable to see if I had any early classes today. Confirming that I did, I began to sort through my lesson plan.

Yes. Even though I am the guidance counselor I still teach.

A light ping from my phone indicated that I received a message.

Azriel♥️
A: Have a great day at work

I smiled at the message and typed a quick reply then got my things for class.

I looked at the wall clock and realized that  class devotion would end any minute now.

Betta fi be early an wait Dan have dem a wait pon mi.

I picked up my belongings then walked along the corridor to the classroom.

Thirty minutes into the session, I sat at the desk in the classroom. I had already went through the topic I had set out to teach and the children were doing an activity sheet I had given them.

Nah mek no long lesson plan cause dem attention span limited.

Having nothing else to do, I decided to take the register.

"Wapm to dah batty boy yah!"

I slowly raised my head at the sound of the eruption.

Den dat nuh nawmal.

I excused myself from the classroom and went outside to see the source of the disruption.

At the opposite end of the corridor, two boys seemed to be in an altercation.

One was chubby with a dark complexion while the other boy was slim built.

"Mi seh. Gi. Mi. Yuh. Money!" The chubby one yelled.

Den look pon him to bout him a try thief money.

I began to walk in the direction of the boys when the other boy turned in the opposite direction.

Assuming the altercation was over, I returned to my classroom.

I ushered my curious students to their respective seats and made my way to my desk.

Not even half a minute later a high pitched scream erupted from outside.

My students sprinted to the windows and I hurriedly walked outside to investigate.

When I stepped on the corridor I saw the same chubby boy from earlier sprawled on the floor with the other boy stood over him. The chubby boy clutched his right arm which was bent at an odd angle and wailed.

A wah diss jesus?

I hurriedly approached them and bent down to assist the injured boy.

A weh di rest a teacher dem deh?

As if on cue, two teachers came over to assist.

I helped him up and they assisted him to the nurse's office.
I turned to ask the other boy what had happened but was met with the peeping heads of students who wanted to know what had taken place.

A weh him disappear gone?

I looked to the opposite end of the corridor but there was no sign of the boy.

Later that night I discussed the events of my day to Azriel on face time.

"Yuh should a see him hand.. The slightest breeze blow pon it him scream out." I finished.

He chuckled.

"Seems like your day did eventful." He replied.

I turned to lay on my side and adjusted the phone so he could still see my face.

"Too eventful if you ask me. All in all it was extremely exhausting." I said.

I closed my eyes to give them relief from their tiredness.

"Mek mi carry yuh out this weekend." He said randomly.

My eyes shot open and I stared at him confused.

"Like a date?"

He smiled.

" If a dat yuh wah call it." He replied.

I stared at him while debating my decision.

Girl please. Yuh know yah guh seh yes.

Shut up man.

"Where would we go?" I asked.

"Nuh worry yuh head bout dat." He replied.

I rolled my eyes at his response.

Dem soon drop out.

"Dat sound like yuh plan fi carry mi someweh an kidnap mi." I said.

He hissed his teeth.

"Badman yah mek mi carry yuh out or not?"

I tapped my finger against my lips and pretended to think.

He hissed his teeth once more and I giggled.

"A likkle joke. Sure why not." I responded.

He nodded his head but still sported a vexed look.

Such man vex wid we enuh.

Him lucky.

We talked for a little while longer before I made him know that I was heading to bed. We wished each other a goodnight and I hung up.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/n: This is a bit of a shorted chapter but what do yall think??