4

Azriel's POV:

I sent a quick message to my decorator notifying him of the number of roses I wanted in the bouquet for Nivea and I's date then put my phone in my back pocket.

Yute a guh all out enuh.

Den nuh muss?
If yuh get a man like me, yuh get substance, yuh get quality.

I chuckled at my inner thoughts then knocked on Nicky's front door.

There was shuffling inside before she unlocked the door and stood in the passage way.

"Weh yuh want?" She said, staring at me through a thick layer of lashes.

Lawd.

"Mi come fi pick up kash." I responded.

She rolled her eyes and pushed her hair behind her shoulder.

Mi nuh know a who tell har dah plastic wig deh look good enuh.

"Kashane yuh fada come fi yuh!" She shouted into the house.

I waited for about three minutes before kash made an appearance.

His hair had been retwisted and he wore a merino and the black sweatpants I had bought for him.

He tugged his bag on his shoulder and stared up at me.

"Ready?" I asked.

He nodded his head 'yes' then made his way towards the vehicle.

"Dat bwoi nahve no likkle respect fi mi. Not even one hug goodbye?" Nicky cursed.

I shook my head at her words.

Not even aguh entertain diss.

"Stay deh a shake yuh head. A you mek him stay suh. Him no have no respect fi him own mada. Him not even talk to mi, but is alright. Mi soon pack him bags an sen him guh live a country."

Like she drop an lick har head enuh.

She nuh know who mi be?

"Sen who gah country? Lock chat yah man cause is like yuh drop an lick your bloodclawt head." I said before walking off.

When I arrived in the vehicle Kash was already buckled up and staring out the window.

"Yuh gud?" I asked him.

He nodded his head but made no effort to reply.

Then again, a suh him stay from toddler stages.

Otherwise from me and his grandmother, Kashane wouldn't talk to a soul. Nicky would complain about how he refused to speak to her and would say 'a betta yuh tek him cause a you him like'.

I carried him to a specialist to identify the issue and he was diagnosed with Alexythymia and selective mutism. They informed me that the alexythymia could be a source of underlying trauma or PTSD while the selective mutism was from anxiety.

I carried him to therapy for the selective mutism and he has made improvements.

Nowadays, he can speak in majority of the situations he is placed in, him juss choose not to.

I allowed our car ride to be silent and gave him some time to get comfortable enough to speak.

"Wah gwan a school this week?" I asked him when we arrived to my house.

He shrugged then went upstairs to put down his bag.

I waited on him to return then watched as he turned on the TV and started to watch transformers.