Chapter 15

Phew! Back after a long time. I got bored of studying, so I did a bit of editing. Here's the next chapter!

Simultaneously, Aarohi, Aadhira, and Anu clipped up their hair and dropped their dupattas to the side, slumping onto the sofa. Arvind, anticipating their exhaustion, sneaked into the kitchen to prepare some hot chocolate before seeing off their guests. They had stayed through dinner and ended up making impromptu pizza for the whole group, with personalized toppings of course. 

After a moment, the three ladies rose and went upstairs to change for the night and ended up slumped on the king bed in the master bedroom. Arvind freshened up as well and walked in juggling four mugs of hot chocolate as the ladies settled in. Three sighs and 'thank you's echoed through the room as Arvind handed them their mugs. "Anything for my three queens." Aarohi and Aadhira scooted over, making space for Arvind next to Anu, who massaged his wife's neck as she sipped her hot chocolate. "Di..." "Haa" "Didi yaar..." "Haa Aadhi" "Puri didi..." "Arey batao na yaar, kya hai?" 

"Kaha se yeh ajeeb admi ko lakar mera jiju bana diya yaar aapne? Aur ab aap sach bol, yeh sab baatein shaatein ka kya chakkar thi?" "Maine batayi na Aadhi. Bas friends ki thara baat kar rahe the. Aisa nahi tha ki bolna nahi chahthi thi, bas itna kuch chal raha tha kuch mahino se, aur baat karne ko humesha kuch aur topic hua karta tha. Aur pata nahi kyun, par jab phirse mile the, unke aankhon mein dekh kar laga ki iss admi par vishwas kar sakthi hun. Aur itna zor se tho mujhe Rishi ki saath bi mehsoos nahi hua. Issi liye haa kehdi maine.

"Par tune bilkul sach kahi, woh ek number ka ajeeb admi hai. Mujhe ek baar bhi hint tak nahi diya ki woh mujhse friendship se zyaada chahte hain, jab hum baat kar rahe the, aur aaj itna build up diya jaise ki woh mera bina marr rahe the. Aur woh kya kaha, jaise woh mujhse bahut baar shaadi karne ke liye binti ki, are maine aaj hi maan gayi. Woh mujhse ek baar shaadi ke baare mein pucha, aur woh bhi bas kuch din pehle. Aur woh koi phoolon wala proposal bhi nahi tha. Bade aaye achanak se Amitabh Bachchan ki tarah romantic dialogues bolte hue, aur woh bhi jhoote!" Aarohi huffed, sending a piece of hair temporarily flying in the air. 

She had no idea why she was getting riled up about lies that were told about a fake relationship, but it felt good to relieve the tension. Anu laughed softly at her daughters. "You aren't even engaged yet and you've started complaining about your husband-to-be?" She collected their cups and put them on the nightstand. "But you're happy, right? That's all we want, for you to be happy." "Yeah, I am. Don't worry too much about me, ok. Good night." Aarohi and Aadhira gave their parents a quick hug, then scooted off the bed and left to their rooms.