Chapter 2

( Moon's POV )

  I woke up from my slumber, to the warm morning sun. I felt a shiver down my spine, do to the freezing floor. I stood up from the floor, and turned to where Lupus was supposed to be, but, to my surprise, he wasn't.

  I looked around, and he was nowhere to be found, and my parents were probably out hunting and doing stuff, by this time. So, I decided to go to class.

  I walked out the den, and looked toward the distance. I saw my class there, so I walked to them.

  When I got there, they were talking, as usual, and waiting for Professor Cardinal to arrive. I waited there almost 20 minutes, and he finally showed up.

  " Good morning, class. Today, I have an announcement; we've got a new student, in our group ", Professor Cardinal said, walking toward the front, where everyone in the class was facing him.

  Just then, a vixen- fox showed up, standing next to Cardinal. ( A/N: Vixen= Female, Tod= Male, Kit= Young Fox ).

  " Meet, Lumi. She is our new student today ", announced Professor Cardinal, " You may find a spot to sit, while I announce today's lesson ", he added.

  Lumi then, looked around, and for my luck, she sat to my right, since Flame was on my left; we had made friends since yesterday, he's a nice Tod.

  I felt nervous all of a sudden, I couldn't focus. My eyes couldn't quit glancing at my right side, I never stood so close to a Vixen before, only my mother.

  " Hellooo, you there? ", Flame suddenly asked. " Uuh, yeah- I'm here ", I said, not knowing what to answer.

  " Tell it to him, not me ", he said, gesturing towards the mentor, who was eyeing me suspiciously.

  " -Oh- uh- Present! ", I called out. The class laughed at my reaction. I felt so embarrassed..

  " I'm going to need more engagement from you, young Moon ", said Cardinal, in a serious manner.

  " Yes, sir ", I said, in disappointment at myself.

  Then, I felt like someone was watching me. So, I looked to my left; nothing. Then, I looked to my right, and to my surprise, Lumi was looking at me, with her violet eyes.

  " Uhh, hi? ", I said, confusion and nervousness in my tone.

  " H- hi ", she replied, but then turned away, though I did notice her cheeks turning red. Was she embarrassed?

  " I'm, Moon ", I tried to start a conversation. But she only nodded, still facing away, so I decided not to bother any longer.

----

  After class, I still had a little bit of time to have fun. So, I thought of Flame, but he was with his other friends. I thought of my brother, so I went to our den, to see if he was back.

  I walked inside, and saw Lupus picking berries off of a medium sized branch, for dinner.

  " Hey, how's it going? I didn't see you this morning ", I said to him.

  " Really? That's how mean you are? Thanks! Thanks a lot! ", he spat out at me. " What are you talking about? I'm just looking out for you ", I argued.

  " Yeah, well, I hate you! You and your ways, making people turn on me. My life was perfect before you came! Leave me alone! ", he said, making a lump in my throat.

  So, I walked out the den, and sat looking at the ground.

  " Lord, why does my brother think I'm like him? Why can't he see that I care? ", I said, tears streaming down my face. I let out a quiet sob, and wiped my tears.

  " A- are you okay? ", I heard a familiar voice, say.

  Unconsciously, I looked toward my left, where the voice was coming from and saw a white figure.

  It was Lumi, looking at me, with sadness and worry in her stare.

( Picture of how Lumi looks like )

  " Y- yeah, I-Im fine ", I said between hiccuping, because of how much I cried.

  " Were you crying? ", she said, coming closer, still looking into my eyes. " Uh... Yeah.. ", I admitted, not wanting to lie.

  She then sat down next to me, and stayed silent.

  I looked at her, and for some reason, I felt better.

  " Thank you, Lumi ", I said.

  " You're welcome. And, if I may ask, why were you upset for? ", she replied.

  " My brother and I are having a hard time. I sorta made him mad at me, for telling on him...", I said. She nodded, in an understanding way.

  " I hope you guys get better. Good night ", she said, standing up and walking toward the other dens, which were all in a row.

  " Good night ", I answered, also heading indoors.

  I took a glimpse of the moon and stars above, and went inside.

  " What a day ", I said to myself, thinking of what just happened to me.

  We had cherries and blueberries for dinner. And then went to bed. " I wonder why she was suddenly so nice to me ", I whispered to myself.

  " What was that? ", said Lupus.

  " Nothing ", I replied to him, not wanting to be teased by him again.

  I curled up into a ball on the floor, and fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------

  Hey guys! How was this second chappie? Leave comments and a vote! Also, why was Lumi so nice to him just now, when she was so shy before? Well, guess we need to find out next time! Have a good rest of your day or night, and see you next time!

~ ChibiFoxGrl