Chapter two: The most boring meeting of all time

The night was cold compared to the warm dinner America had eaten way to long ago. 

The house was quiet and almost all of the house was asleep. He tossed and turned in his king sized bed, glancing at the clock.

2:00. A sigh heaved out of him. He had a meeting at 8:00, G 10.
He closed his eyes again, only to open them up what seemed like a few seconds later to his alarm. 5:00, time to make breakfast. 

he slipped out of the bed and clumsily walked into his bathroom, showering and changing into a loose set of house clothes. He fumbled with his toothbrush as he scrubbed his teeth. He spit out the toothpaste aggressively, opening his cabinet and counting out his medication, because of course that's all his government would give him for his PTSD. He counted out two pills and swallowed them dry while walking out of the room. 

He sped down the stairs and into the kitchen, where he spent a lot of time. He looked over his shoulder, seeing a tall German Empire just standing there. 

"Why in the world are ya' awake, Deutsches Kaiserreich?" he asked, sounding more tired than anything else.

"Wow, full government name" The tall German said, "And to answer your question, you made a racket coming down the stairs."

"Well then, make yourself useful, big guy" he retorted, knowing there was no way to get the empire to go back to his room. 

German Empire walked over to the sinks and began sorting out the dishes from the night before while America cooked eggs. A casual banter was exchanged as the two prepared for the inevitable breakfast rush. 

The freedom nation glared at the clock, now reading 6:27. A couple of states and early risers like Mengjiang and Polish-Lithuanian-Commonwealth had made their way to the sitting room. 

"OK, I have to leave for the meeting now, Majapahit, you're in charge while I'm gone" America called out as he grabbed his car keys and stepped out of the house.

"Go now, young one, things will be fine here" Majapahit chided, ushering him the rest of the way out the door. 

"I'm not that young!" America protested.

Majapahit only looked at him as America ran out to his trusty Toyota Camry. 

He slammed the door shut and drove away, probably speeding.
[Time skip because I'm not writing that entire hour n' thirty minute car ride. it was boring, he listened to classical music and had some road rage, okay moving on]
America walked into the tall world conference building, cursing his bad luck. He had committed multiple traffic violations and was still ten minutes late- UN would have his head if it weren't neccicary for America's functioning. 

He ran up the stairs three at a time, almost falling on his face. Why did the meeting have to be on the ninth floor? Why did the elevator have to be broken? Why today?
He burst the door open as soon as he reached the room, startling the other nations inside.

 Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdoms all looked in his direction, dissapointment eminating off of them.

"Sorry?" America choked out, more nervous than apologetical. UN looked up from his papers, a sharp glare pointed across the room. 
"You have thirty seconds."

"Traffic was bad and I slept in on accident-" America started.
"Nobody cares, please shut up!" United Kingdoms snapped, "Just sit down."

America closed his mouth and moved quietly to his seat, looking down at the floor in anger. 
The meeting followed up with the status of the global economy, as always, and featured a new topic, the economic recovery after covid.

He stared at his paper, which was mostly covered in doodles. His boredom was about to take over his entire person when he heard yelling outside the door. The whole room went quiet as all the nations in the room listened.

"You're not allowed here, sir!" a muffled voice called out.
"Too bad! I need to speak to the United States of America!" a second, accented voice quipped.
"Sir you can't-" 
The door burst open.

A young looking Blond man with green eyes and freckles all over frantically scanned the room. Only one person knew who he was.
"Kurt? What are you doing here?" America said, confusion in his tone.

"He's gone, we looked away for a second, and he disappeared! We checked the entire property, the bunch of us! I came to get you!" The young man, Kurt, exclaimed.

"My son is gone" he echoed quieter, his despair crying out through his eyes.

That was the first time the G10 had seen America run out of a meeting.