00.𝕬𝖈𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖘𝖊𝖉 𝕮𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖇𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘

𝕸𝖆𝖗𝖘𝖕𝖍𝖆𝖊𝖗𝖆 was always beautiful in Cadenza's opinion, but as she looked out her window that morning she could have sworn her people and her land had never looked more ethereal

 𝕸𝖆𝖗𝖘𝖕𝖍𝖆𝖊𝖗𝖆 was always beautiful in Cadenza's opinion, but as she looked out her window that morning she could have sworn her people and her land had never looked more ethereal. From even her balcony at the highest point of the castle, she could hear the celebrations of the lower town below, she could even see the pearlescent white and light blue streamers hanging from the doors of every home in town.

The young girl, enamored with the vibrant celebrations below barely heard the entrance of her middle brother as he entered her chambers.

"Beautiful isn't it" Cassian sneered "and all for our idiot brother."

Cadenza jumped as she heard the distaste in her brother's voice, she breathed in the fresh air of her balcony a final time before she re-entered her chambers to greet her brother. "Good Morning to you too Cassian" She chirped

Her older brother barely acknowledged her as he flopped onto her chaise. "How is it that everyone in this kingdom loves him?" he questioned, " he's never even around."

The young girl huffed as she motioned for her brother to move over so she could sit beside him. "He leaves so that he can protect us, Cass," she said softly as she reached for her brother's hand in an attempt to calm him down.

"Protect us?" Cassian said "From what? The occasional rogue knight that passes the border? The occasional patrols that pass by our entrance?"

"Cassian-" She started

"No! Denza" He exclaimed ripping his hand from hers "No king has found us for 16 years, not since Uther's attack on our faux citadel! Why are we so nervous?"

The young girl shook her head as she rose from her seat beside her brother. "We are nervous," she started "because Nordhaven and Verdantia fell to Camelot's attacks. We can't afford to let our guard down, even if it's been years."

Her brother didn't respond.

" And besides" she smirked, " you're just jealous because all the ladies of the court will be all over Arrin, not you."

Her brother shot up looking horrified. "Excuse Me?!" he exclaimed.

"Oh I can see it now. 'oh Prince Arrin, how devilishly handsome you look tonight! Oh yes, Ms.Pariff much more handsome than Prince Cassian!' you'll be forgotten!" She mocked hunched over in laughter.

Cassian grimaced at her impression of the ladies of the court "First off who sounds like that, and second that would never happen Cadenza, I'm too handsome" he said slyly flipping his hair from his face.

The two continued to bicker back and forth before the shrill ringing of the bell rang out echoing through the chamber. The two royals paled as they realized they had been arguing for the better half of the past hour. Cadenza watched in amusement as her older brother all but sprinted from her room, she could hear his feet hit the pavement as he ran back to his chambers to get ready for the night's celebrations.