02.𝖁𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖙

𝕬𝖘 Cadenza traveled through the streets of Camelot the next morning, she could feel the excitement radiating from each person she passed

𝕬𝖘 Cadenza traveled through the streets of Camelot the next morning, she could feel the excitement radiating from each person she passed. The excitement, of course, was due to the announcement that the annual tournament was to take place in a day. Cadenza thought it was weird to host a tournament right after the hectic night before, but she supposed no one else felt the same.

Gaius had told her to arrive in the early morning, so here she was walking through the town in the dim light of sunrise. She could barely contain her excitement at the thought of learning about healing. She knew that Gaius, who had earned quite a reputation over the years, would teach her well.

The path was a familiar one, into the courtyard, under the arch on the left, and then down the hall and up the stairs. As she reached the door her whole body began to shake as she became overwhelmed with nerves. Taking a deep breath to calm herself, she prepared to knock on the door, but before she could even reach out, it swung open in front of her. Merlin, panting, ran past her with a rushed good morning, muttering something about being late. Laughing, the girl entered the room to see Gaius cleaning up some dishes that Merlin had left in his haste.

"Good Morning Gaius," she greeted, rushing over to take the dishes from him. " Let me help."

"Thank you dear," the man said as he watched her walk over to the rag and pot of water Merlin had fetched that morning.

"You seem quite eager to help," he remarked as she eagerly cleaned the dishes with the rag, making sure each one was spotless before she placed it back down.

"I guess I am just eager to learn," she replied as she put away the dishes and returned to Gaius's side. " Now what?"

"How good are you at sorting, child?" He asked, a mischievous glint in his eye.

"I would say I am quite good at it, although my mother used to tell me my organization skills stressed her out. " She laughed.

"Good" he replied, leading her over to a cabinet. "You can organize this."

He opened the cabinet to reveal shelves and shelves with what seemed to be hundreds of ingredients on them, there were flowers, animal parts, and spices littered on each shelf. She now realized why Gaius had sent her that smile. This would take all day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮

By the time the girl had finished organizing the cabinet, it looked brand-new. The vials were now not only categorized by their general group such as plant or animal part, but also color-coded with new labels she had made herself. She stepped back, pleased with her work. Taking a deep breath, she turned back to Gaius, only to be startled when she glanced through the window, taking a peek outside. It was almost dusk.