03.𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖆𝖗𝖐 𝕺𝖋 𝕹𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖚𝖍

𝕮𝖆𝖉𝖊𝖓𝖟𝖆 didn't know exactly where she was, but she knew she wasn't in Camelot anymore, there was too little red, but she also wasn't in Marsphaera

𝕮𝖆𝖉𝖊𝖓𝖟𝖆 didn't know exactly where she was, but she knew she wasn't in Camelot anymore, there was too little red, but she also wasn't in Marsphaera. Yes, the cove she seemed to be in reeked of magic, but not the familiar, comforting magic of home. No. This magic was much more powerful, much more raw.

The cove was mostly empty, the rocky walls were covered top to bottom in some sort of bioluminescent algae and the water glowed with magic. In the center, there was some sort of grand arch made of the most magnificent marble she had ever seen. There was a winding path leading her, coercing her to the arch. The path was nothing special, made from old, cracked stones, but she knew it would support her.

She made her way to the center, slowly and carefully avoiding the holes and cracks that would surely send her tumbling into the waters below. When she finally reached the center of the arch it was as if the scenery around her had changed, no longer was the cove peaceful and powerful. The cove was now dark and scary, she could see some sort of crimson liquid running from the ceiling seeping down the moss and staining the edge of the glowing water.

The once brilliant marble of the arch was cracking, pieces crumbling above her head. She opened her mouth but no words would come, the beautiful cove was being destroyed by an unseen force, and she could do nothing to stop it.

A loud shrill neigh drew her attention back to the shore she came from. There stood a magnificent Kelpie, one of the few magical creatures that hadn't been seen in years. The Kelpie looked at her strangely tilting its head, the animal still looked pristine, like the cove had before, there was no malice in the animal's eyes, no anger. There was only confusion, confusion about what had happened to its beautiful home. As far as she could tell, the Kelpie was the only remaining piece untouched by the sudden evil.

She could see it though, the pollution, the corruption creeping in on the animal. She opened her mouth to scream, to tell the animal to run, but nothing came out. She frantically motioned for the animal to leave to run, but it did not listen, instead staring at her, its eyes now pleading as it looked at its destroyed home.

The animal's sadness didn't last long, however. She watched the pure water of the Kelpie's mane turn blood-red, she watched its golden eyes go black. There was no purity left in the animal now. Only hatred and disgust.

Cadenza let out a choked sob at the sight. The animal was angry now, its eyes filled to the brim with malice. The Kelpie stared straight ahead looking at her, before it stomped its feet on the ground a few times. Cadenza had been around horses enough to know that the Kelpie would charge.

She attempted to flee, to hide, to evade the Kelpie, but found she could not. It was as if her legs had been stuck to the pavement by some sort of magic. She pulled as hard as she could, but her legs would not budge. She could hear the Kelpie as its hooves clomped against the water, it was getting closer and closer by the second. This was it, this was her noble death. Trampled by a Kelpie in a cove she had no recollection of traveling to.