cap 9 romans

He took my face from his chin and I forced myself to look him in the eyes.  "...."
I looked around for a distraction
"what is that?!" 
I pointed at a random spot and he looked away and I used the opportunity to escape. 
I returned to my troops and ordered a retreat into the mountains as the Romans had caught us off guard. 
Once up I looked at the soldiers
"so, as you can see the Romans attacked us unawares and managed to kill many of our men. Now we need to reorganize the army to destroy them... anyone have any ideas on how to defeat the soldiers all crowded together with their shields making an impenetrable wall?" 
total silence
"great, no one has any ideas. For now, rest, we'll resume the battle in a bit"
I put the captain in charge of the battle, since I had to go and resolve another issue. 
I saw the sailors waiting for me near the ship they used to go to America
"okay, I'm here, bring me quickly because we don't have time to waste since the Romans are near our borders"
"okay"
get on the boat and the sailors began to set sail.
After 13 days we arrived on the Caribbean islands, and I began to explore the island of Hispaniola.
"So, you who have already been here, have you seen any signs of population?" 
"no, ma'am, we didn't see any signs of population, only animal and plant life"
"that's fine."
Exposing the island for 2 whole weeks but no sign of population
"this is strange... there must have been natives, I'm sure of it"
"maybe they've left"
"impossible"
I took out a book that talked about the migratory groups they had made homo sapiens in America and how they had dispersed, and the band that sends to the island Hispaniola had disappeared.
I closed the book confused as ever and looked at the sailors. 
"take me back to the mainland, I have to fight against the Romans and protect my people"
"that's okay ma'am".
After traveling for another 13 days I returned to the mountains to see how the soldiers were doing.
I saw him talking calmly around a fire, I took the captain aside to ask him about the situation
"so, did something strange happen while I was away?"
"no ma'am, everything's fine, the Romans attacked but never managed to get to the top"
"they attacked but didn't get to the top? where are they now?"
"new soldiers arrived today in the camp near our border because the soldiers who were there before she left tried to climb the mountain but almost halfway there they collapsed from the cold and then died of hipotermia"
" Where are the bodies now?"
"we sent them back"
"okay"
I left the military camp trusting the captain and returned to the capital.
While everyone was doing their shopping around the streets, an idea came to me: why not create a gallery like those found in Italy, full of shops and bars.
I went to my ancestors to talk about this project.
"ah Y/N, good morning, why here?"
"I had a project, I wanted to build a gallery full of shops rather than having stalls out in the street. I was thinking of making the roof in glass, with many architectural details, and the shops are not on the street"
"So where are they?"
"Like this" I took out an image of the project I had imagined.
my ancestors looked at her in amazement
"it's magnificent"
"Its is really beautiful"
"I'm glad you like it, when it is built it will be even more beautiful"
"Okay, we can build the gallery, but where exactly do we put it?"
"close to the city center? or maybe we can put it in the main square of the city"
"yes, it could be fine"
"very good, we will start the work soon. goodbye"
"Until we meet again"
The following morning the work began, I had to move a lot of people to build the gallery but they were immediately given another house.
The project was expensive and very long to complete, but the long work will be repaid with a beautiful gallery where people could shop and eat together.
While the work began I went to check again in the mountains to see how my soldiers were doing.
When I arrived in the mountains I had a few seconds to talk to the general because the Romans attacked.
they tried to climb the mountains but couldn't make it
"you will pay me"
"You are the stupid ones who are trying to invade my country while ignoring the extreme temperatures"
"go to hell N/N (nationality name)"
"You go too Rome!"