14.

The briefing was going to start any minute now, and Fabbi was starting to get nervous.

He'd studied all the briefing points. He'd studied all of Saul's handwritten notes. He'd gone over his opening speech at least 20 times in the mirror. But he couldn't make the tightness in his chest go away...

Saul could basically feel the tension.

"Fabbi?" He spoke soft and calm. "Are you okay?"

Fabbi looked up to him, sighing and looking away. "Mhm.."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep."

"It's okay to be nervous."

Fabbi scoffed, shaking his head. While he's warmed up to Saul as a person, he still can't stand him in a business setting. The way he carries himself for others, the stupid look on his face, how hot he is in that jacket.

"You're making me more nervous by talking about nerves."

Saul stopped walking for a moment, Fabbi stopping too. "Ah- I'm sorry I didn't know.."

Fabbi couldn't figure out if he liked this new apologetic Saul, but he was leaning towards annoyed.

"Just hush, let me gather my thoughts."

"Okay, I'll leave you alone. I'll be in the audience okay? Just.. if you need any help, I'll be there." Fabbi watched as Saul watch ahead of him towards the room. He opened his mouth and immediately shut it, pursing his lips.

This was going to be harder than expected, but for reasons Fabbi did not prepare for.

***

"Yes, the shipments have been sent back to the factory and all of the remaining contaminated product has been destroyed." Fabbi was doing just fine up on the stage, he sounded confident and easygoing.

Saul let go of a breath he was holding, Fabbi seemed to have this under control. How could anything be wrong when he was doing so well?