4

Kyra Pov

"Can I add some pimientos-(peppers)?" Carlos ignored me.

"Or at least some Olivos-(olives)?" As I reached for a jar of olives in the fridge, I saw them quickly putting their wonky-shaped pizza inside the oven. Then giving a fist bump to each other like it was something to be proud of. It was obvious what Carlos was doing, and I was not about to let him ruin my relationship with another boy. 

Now, if he is starting a game like this again, I will play.

"Alright that looks good dude, but it's probably going to take a bit. How about I give you a tour of the house while we wait for the pizza to be made." Aqeel of course went with what Carlos said and those idiots were about to go off until I stopped them.

"Are you estúpido-(stupid)? You didn't even put a timer on, and the temperature is too low." Carlos turned around and finally acknowledged me,

"Yeah, and how do I know you're not trying to sabotage us?"

"I wouldn't put anything that you made, go near my mouth."

"Well your boyfriend helped me, so you're saying his cooking is bad?"

"I wouldn't say boyfrie-" I cut Aqeel off before he could finish his sentence and kept arguing with my brother, 

"No, you forced him to add toppings he doesn't even like."

"Who doesn't like jalapeños, or, pepperoni?"

"Well then, let's ask Aqeel." We both looked at him and he seemed rather scared. I knew he was an only child which meant he never had any siblings, but surely he knew it was normal for us to fight. Even with the frightened look on his face, I asked him the question,

"Aqeel, did you like the toppings Carlos put on the pizza?"

"I m-mean uhm I'm not a really a fussy person, I would eat anything, now let's just set a timer and lower the temperature." My brother might be able to make people agree with him but I'm better at arguing even if I knew I was wrong 10 minutes ago, so I carried on.

"I would know him better than you, and Aqeel is a shy person, you probably just brainwashed him into taking your side."

"How could I have brainwashed him when I've been in the same room as you-"

"SHUT UP!" It fell silent, and we both froze as we watched Aqeel let out a deep breath.

"Just shut up a minute." He turned down the temperature and set a timer for the pizza.

"I would love a house tour now." 

Aqeel Pov

Kyra held my hand and led me upstairs with Carlos following from behind. She first took me to her room which was probably the size of my living room and kitchen combined, filled with posters everywhere, boxing equipment, trophies, medals and so much more which took me a minute to realise she did boxing.

"Wait, you do boxing? That is so cool."

"Yeah, it's great, I just remind myself that the punching bag is my brother."

"Okay, well look at all the make-up she has over here." Carlos opened her drawers and started taking out products as Kyra tried to stop him.

"Catfish."

"Catfish."

"Catfish."

"You know Aqeel, I do piano, it's like way cooler than punching things. Come to my room!"