●Chapter 23● Someone is inside●

The demigod daughter of Agni was murmuring in her sleep, "No, no, no. Please don't!"

The dream scape which was meant to escape from the harsh reality of the world had became her worst possible fear. She would rather face the real world than facing her nightmares.

Niyathi was twisting and turning in her bed. It seemed like she was trapped in her nightmare. Her fingers dug into her soft palm which drew blood.

Slowly the fluid started spreading across her palm, coloring her hands with crimson.

Her face contorted with pain and she let out a piercing scream.

With Guru Vashishta,

The Guru of Lord Ram, Vashishta and his other half, Devi Arundati were peacefully sleeping unaware of the predicament of the girl next door.

Their slumber was disturbed by an earth shattering scream. Devi Arundati woke up with a gasp while her husband took the sword near him.

Devi Arundati's terrified eyes met the cold eyes of Guru Vashishta. Her eyes conveyed a single question, 'Who was it?'

Her question was answered when they heard another scream, near them. Someone was screaming in their house. Specifically the next door.

Then it dawned to both that the scream belonged to the girl they are taking care of.

Another painful scream echoed the quiet house and this time Devi Arundati stood up and rushed to the doors to help the girl.

Before she could reach the door, she was pulled back by her husband. Infuriated, Devi Arundati turned back and glared at her husband with anger. She tried to free herself but she couldn't release her hand from the iron grip of her husband.

Her furious eyes met the helpless ones of her other half. She shouted at him while trying to wiggle put of his hold, "Let me go Arya! Why are you stopping me? She is screaming over there, something would have happened! What if it is the asurs agai--"

She was cut off by her husband who told her softly, "It's not the asurs, Arundati."

Devi Arundati asked, "Then what is it? What made her scream like this?"

Guru Vashishta sighed softly and said, "Nightmare."

Devi Arundati's mind slowly processed his word and realization hit her like a lightning. She let out a gasp, "He-r memories are coming in the form of nightmares?"

Guru Vashishta solemnly nodded. His wife questioned him, "Isn't it too soon Arya? How did--?"

She was cut off by Guru Vashishta, "The attack triggered a part of her brain and her memories are slowly returning."

Devi Arundati murmured slowly, "This is not good. She isn't supposed to regain her memories until Adithya sees her mental state fit for it. Her mind is not stable enough to handle it."

If some mishap happens with Niyathi, then the aftermath of it will be dire.
The entire fate will be changed. Million things could go wrong. Devi Arundati shuddered as she thought of that possibility. She didn't want to imagine it let one face it in real life.

Devi Arundati struggled against her husband's hold and cried out, "Let me go Arya! She is clearly in pain. Let me help her!"

Guru Vashishta let out a defeated sigh and said, "We can't interfere more, Arundati. You don't know her mental state now. What if she harms yo--"

The posture of Guru Vashishta tensed visibly. He loosened his hold on his wife, and clutched his sword tightly. Sensing the visible tension in the room, she touched her husband's shoulder.

Devi Arundati closely observed her surroundings and said, "She had stopped screaming. Is she okay?"

Guru Vashishta cursed himself slowly. How can he so careless? He should have been alert. How could he not sense whether she is awake or not? Instead of having an conversation with his wife he should atleast checked on her.

He said to her, "The nightmare would have stooped ages ago. She is awake. I can feel it."

Devi Arundati could understand his predicament. She knows a vulnerable person is fare more dangerous than a strong warrior. We might never know what they will do in haste. That's why her husband had stopped her, he didn't want her to get hurt right?

But the next sentence from her husband shook her to the core.

He looked at her and whispered out, "There is someone out there in Niyathi's room."

Devi Arundati's face paled hearing her husband's words.

'Who is brave enough to sneak into the territory of Guru Vashishta?' was the only question echoing in her mind.

--
Phew! Another chapter!

How is it? Please comment below!

Niyathi had yet another nightmare! What will it be about? Comment tour thoughts!

Why didn't Guru Vashishta help Niyathi? Was there any ulterior motives behind it?

Why did Devi Arundati said it was too soon for Niyathi to regain her memory?

Who is mysterious Adithya again?

And there is someone out there with Niyathi! Who is it? The asurs? Or Daakshit? Or Adithya himself?

For all the answers, stay tuned!

Vote, share and comment if you like!

Ramsri
xx