Chapter 22: Promotion

Hit marched towards the Loki mansion, a slight limp to his gate. The guards knew not to interact with him, and simply let him through. Green streaks fell down his throat as he gulped down a potion.

*Splash*

The remains of a green healing potion were dumped onto Hit's face, successfully closing the three scratches that marred it. 'My fist didn't even breach the tiger's hide. It was the same with the cow...'

Hit scowled as he realised just how much of a miracle it was that he beat the minotaur.

The pain of Hit's first injury, when he was knocked back into a wall by a mere graze, had filled him with adrenaline, and pushed him to new heights. It also allowed him to return to the hostess. If not for Ryuu, his new life would have been over. Mutilation had the opposite effect on the cow, weakening it, and reducing its manoeuvrability. It was already wounded badly, by a level 5 no less, which converted the 'balanced' minotaur, into a glass cannon, that Hit narrowly managed to shatter.

At least his [Time Lag] had improved in the dungeon, demonstrating that study alone was not sufficient to magic growth. However, the Ligerfang was too much for Hit to handle, until it was completely immobile and unfocused.

Hit creaked the mansion door open and walked through the hall, before making his way upstairs. Adventurers gasped and whispered as he passed them, since it was far too early for him to return. Normally, he would try to avoid them; however, this time another mission took precedence: seek out divine power. Facing a familiar door, painted with a beautiful woman, Hit barged into the room.

Loki nearly fell onto the floor as she was shocked out of her paperwork. Although, a half drank bottle of wine suggested that she hadn't made much progress. "Wow! We'll isn't this a surprise! Just so ya know, you should knock before you enter a lady's chambers. You don't know what you might walk in to..." Her eyebrows wiggled up and down like a worm as she giggled at the intruder. Loki ignored the crystal glass beside her and gulped wine straight from the ruby-encrusted bottle.

Hit was especially dour and put an end to her antics. "I didn't come here to watch you drink your life away. Update my falna."

His little goddess got up and crossed her arms, looking quite annoyed. "Hmph! Ordering your goddess around... the nerve!"

Hit employed the usual silent treatment and stood, motionless.

"..."

Loki's twitching scowl broke into desperation as she ran up to him, bouncing. "Ok, ok! Forget it, I'll update yer falna. I can't wait ta see how much you've grown in these last three weeks!"

The boy moved to a nearby seat, deftly avoiding a leaping goddess' hugs and tickles. Loki panted and wiped her forehead, giving up on catching him. "Argh! Yer just like Ais. She never lets me hug her."

Hit looked at her coldly, making the god shiver a little. "I think we both know why that is. Also, are you suffering from brain damage? You have forgotten about our deal."

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry, I'm just excited. I would never go that far, really! AND I DO NOT HAVE BRAIN DAMAGE!" Loki assuaged her child, before realising he had insulted her.

Hit nodded as he settled into place, taking off his cloak and shirt. "Correct. You would need to have a brain in the first place, for that to occur."

Loki's face matched her red hair for a moment, before she calmed herself down. "Ugh. You're really snappy today! Although, I've only seen ya a few times, so maybe this is a bad day."

Loki peered at him, ruby pupils peeking out. After a few seconds, she smirked.

"Yer pissed off, aren't ya? Something happened down in the dungeon, didn't it? Ya hit your limit."