"𝑼𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝑻𝒐."

(I added a music video too :>)

Starlette wakes up and sees others looming over her. "I'm Charlie! This is Husk, Angel, Vaggie, Niffty, and Alastor!" Charlie introduced. "What's your story? You are Princess Starlette, after all!"

Starlette clears her throat.

"I used to rule the world. Seas would rise when I gave the word. Now in the morning, I sleep alone. Sweep the streets I used to own." The purple owl said in a sad like tone.

"I used to roll the dice. Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes. Listen as the crowd would sing. Now the old king is dead, long live the king." Her voice filled with anger.

"One minute, I held the key. Next the walls were closed on me. And I discovered that my castles stand. Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand." Starlette had a castle? Charlie would've never guessed.

"I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringin'. Roman Cavalry choirs are singin'. Be my mirror, my sword and shield." Starlette didn't need protection. She was doing just fine on her own. Or so she thought.

"My missionaries in a foreign field. For some reason, I can't explain. Once you'd gone, there was never, never an honest word." Her feathers puffed, meaning she wasn't too pleased with something. Her feathers dialed back down.

"And that was when I ruled the world."

That must've been so hard for her, Charlie thought. Angel and Niffty was actually intrigued by her story. Alastor had his same wicked grin, no sympathy in his eyes. Husk listened while he worked the bar. Vaggie's eyes wasn't filled with sympathy, but she did seem surprised.

"It was a wicked and wild wind blew down the doors to let me in. Shattered windows and the sound of drums. People couldn't believe what I'd become." She talked about when she fell, angels couldn't believe it.

"Revolutionaries wait. For my head on a silver plate. Just a puppet on a lonely string. Oh, who would ever want to be king?" Charlie knew where Starlette was coming from. It was hard work.

"I know Saint Peter won't call my name." Starlette thought back to the surprised blond angel.

"Once you go there was never, never an honest word. But that was when I ruled the world." Starlette sounded sad.

"Oh my. Ruling the world is hard, I know." Charlie sympathized with this owl.

Starlette helped around the hotel but soon fell asleep by accident.

𝑫𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎

"Sister, come on!" Young Starlette ran. "I'm coming!" Her sister called behind her.

Starlette stopped in her tracks and tears filled her eyes. "Mommy!" She ran to her mother's side. Her mother who was no longer with her.

Frostine ran up behind Starlette and saw their mothers limp and lifeless body. "Dad!" They called.

Soon, their dad Alarick and other sister Penelope showed up. "Children, get inside." Alarick ushered them and called his guards.

They prettied her up and had her funeral. Each kid got to see her.

They stood in front of her grave. Starlette was hugging Frostine and Penelope stayed close to Alarick.

"It's time to go, children." He took them back to his palace.

𝑬𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝑫𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎

She awoke quickly. "Mother!" She called out.

"You alright, Star?" Angel asked the sweating owl.

"I'm fine, Angel. I just had a bad dream, that's all." She reassured the spider. Angel nodded in understand.

Starlette thought back to her.

"Mother."