two

She dreaded walking into the station today. She knew what was coming.

For the first time, she was dreading going on a UC opp. Quite frankly, she was annoyed.

"You two will check in with us at midnight," Sergeant Grey explained. "Every night until this opp is over."

"They will be located at a flower shop on Palmedo Street," Sergeant Grey continued. "It will be used as a front for their under-the-table drug operations. If you see either of them on the street, do not address them."

The briefing took a lot longer than she had expected. She had never been in an opp this huge before.

Dozens of cops were being briefed about her and Tim going undercover, she never would've imagined this in her wildest dreams.

"Dismissed."

~~~

Tim had insisted on driving. He claimed that it would "sell their story".

Lucy knew that it would hurt his fragile man ego if she was the one driving the car.

"Over here," she said, pointing to a driveway connected to a parking lot.

"I know, Chen," he muttered.

A ten-minute car drive and Tim was already irritated, this was going to be a very long opp.

The parking lot was small and had a bunch of doors leading to all of the businesses that were next door to theirs.

They grabbed their bags from the trunk and unlocked the door leading to their shop.

"This is so...dirty," Lucy commented.

"Did you think it would be a five-star hotel?" said Tim, brushing past her.

The door led to a narrow hallway with a door at the end and three more doors on either side.

On the left was their bedroom which had a mattress covered in questionable stains. On the right was their tiny bathroom, you could brush your teeth from the toilet. Next to the bathroom was a very tiny kitchen.

A refrigerator, stove and oven, sink, and barely any counter space. 

At the end of the hallway was the actual flower shop itself, filled with flowers and decorations.

"Where the hell are we supposed to set up our stuff to cook?" asked Tim.

Lucy made her way into the bedroom. The mattress was bare, the carpet was stained, and the closet looked like it was being held together with gum.

"I'll take the floor," said Tim, dropping his bag at the edge of the bed.

"Well, what if I wanted the floor?" asked Lucy.

"Knock yourself out, neither of us has to sleep on the bed," Tim said, rolling his eyes.

"Fine, I'll take the bed," Lucy said smugly.

"I wasn't going to fight you for it," Tim said, not looking up from his bag. "But seriously, where are we supposed to set up our station?"

"No idea," said Lucy, taping her second piece at the top of the doorframe. "Where are you putting yours?"

"I always carry my second piece," said Tim, fishing it out of his bag.

Lucy shrugged, "Suit yourself. But I've always used my second piece."

Tim sighed, "Fine. In the closet."

Lucy rolled her eyes as she began emptying her duffle bag.

"What, are you going to hang your clothes in the closet?" Tim scoffed.